MAN - Deep Purple

Can any member help with info about the attached photo taken at Truckfest Scotland in 1999

What was the registration of the vehicle when it went on the road & who operated it?

Frank Hudson has it now as a rigid i think.

How to ruin a perfectly smart tractor unit

nickyboy:

Less is more in this case I think

them lightbars…yuck

nickyboy:

Indeed. What a disaster.

DCB TRANSPORT:

been converted from that to a 6 wheeler rigid flatbed looks so much better now than it does in the pictures above :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

did look the part till hudsons ram raided cdc with it

i agree craig looked better before the lightbar disaster :laughing:

Many thanks to all for the info!

royalmailman:
Can any member help with info about the attached photo taken at Truckfest Scotland in 1999

What was the registration of the vehicle when it went on the road & who operated it?

Wasnt the original owner called Sumo ,(Sumotrans) ?
Blocked the linkspan at Dover in a one man protest against the French iirc.

Maybe, Jock owned a customised MAN but pretty sure it was Scottish themed. Reg was R18ROX

sumo had a braveheart themed truck and it were a 4x2 frank hudson bought that from new off man

he doesnt have it now i dont know where it went

Well at least they got better lightbars for it…

nickyboy:
Maybe, Jock owned a customised MAN but pretty sure it was Scottish themed. Reg was R18ROX

jock carstairs had a 4x2 roadhaus it was sold to Shaun Standon of Tiverton who ran under many different names West country transport , ■■■ transport, T&s transort and Standon and son etc . he didnt like paying wages or tax or n.i , one of them ! it was resprayed white but later reposessed last time i saw it it was pulling flats out of southampton or portsmouth area. Jock as finally called it a day doesnt do much these days my mate speaks to him reguarlly.