man 12v

Have recently taken a 64 plate man tgx on long term hire and yesterday radio and 12v packed in cant be assed going to garage this week what with santa ready to land with my sock and aftershave supplies for next year.
Had a tinker about myself after checking old posts on here.
Changed fuse in fusebox although it seemed ok,no isolator switch so disconnected battery for a while after a mechanic friend told me it would reset itself but it didnt work either.
Apart from skelping it with a hammer any simple fixes??

The radio is 24v so they cant be on the same fuse

12v hella and radio not working thought they might be linked my mistake…
Not t worry will get it looked at after hols…

What deal did you get on the hire mate?

As Chaversdad said the radio is 24 volts ( bugger when fitting a handsfree ) and as far as I know the 12 volt is on a reset type fuse ( undoing the battery should have done it ? ).

Cheers dingo il have another go at it tomorrow.
Just went dead bit of a bugger when bluetooth is in radio,not working again til 4th so plenty time to bliw some fuses and get sparks flying :smiley:

As far as I can remember there is a fuse for the radio , should be shown on the back of the plastic trim you remove to get to the fuses.
Never actually had the radio one blow , but have tripped the 12v a few times and it usually comes back on it,s self.

How are you finding the man ? any better or worse than the Daf,s ?.

I have to eat humble pie regarding mans ive left them without a name after the 08 plate was such a pig,didnt buy these just took 2 on long term hire to see how they go.
600kg lighter than dafs, 480 pulls very very well prob slightly better than 510’s. Atleast 1mpg better on fuel absolutely amazed at difference but pretty heavy on adblue but id rather put more of that in than derv,got the poxy small adblue tank which is a pain but hey ho its no big deal to top up every day.
Comfortshift fantastic gearbox but engine brake is crap daf had 550k’s when i sold it with original discs and pads dont think man will do the same working out of the west.
As that ones are council spec theres no fridge and that coolbox thing kinda gets in the road have never understood why they dont have it under bed out o the way.
So early impressions very good fingers crossed.
I see peter with a new shape volvo looks tidy in your colours.

I honestly cant fault this TGX i.ve bought, the spec is just about bang on, 540 engine XLX cab 120 litre adblue tank, extra 190litre diesel tank and the fantastic factory fitted retarder, only thing its missing is a manual box

I had same problem 2 weeks ago on daf,radio and 12v socket all of a sudden stopped working,turned out to be the dropper had gone,daf was a 12 plate