MAN 12v hella fuse location

Had this problem recently. No trip switches on fuse box. Disconnecting battery reset dropper. Worked a treat.

hi guys

does anyone know where the fuse is for the 12v hella socket

pluged in this morning and its dead

cheers

Moggy

moggy:
hi guys

does anyone know where the fuse is for the 12v hella socket

pluged in this morning and its dead

cheers

Moggy

without stating the obvious :smiley: have you checked the fuse box on the passanger side? as that would be only place i could think of… :smiley: unless they have put it somewhere silly like under the wheel arch.

LOL

yeah already checked the fuse box! bloody germans!

had this on a 02 tga we had and ask the fitter and it just worked the next day! be nice if he’d of told me as its now 2 days b4 I’m home so looks like it could be a quiet few nights!

its one of the ones on the bottom row towards the middle in the fuse box on the passenger side, cant think of the number off hand {i just rang local man dealer and fitter told me the number to take out} you dont replace the fuse as such its one of those trip things, you remove the fuse for 5 minutes or so and then it resets itself and the 12v socket should work again

moggy:
LOL

yeah already checked the fuse box! bloody germans!

had this on a 02 tga we had and ask the fitter and it just worked the next day! be nice if he’d of told me as its now 2 days b4 I’m home so looks like it could be a quiet few nights!

The fuse location diagram is usually on the inside of the part of the dash that you take off to get to the fuses, unless someone has torn it off, if so you could ask another MAN driver to look at his

I know this may sound daft but is it wired some of our scanias aren’t this is why i suggest checking this out saves time messing with fuses

In my 57 plate tga the fuse is actually on the dropper which is in the dash and is also a ■■■■■ to get to. I had to remove 2 or 3 parts of the dash but it depends which fuse is blown as i’m assuming the 24v feed will be fused aswell as the 12v out. It’s the 12v out fuse that’s on the dropper i believe.

i probably didnt make it clear what i meant, the fuse i refer to is for the dropper for the 12v feed, you remove it for a short while and then it resets its self, it usually trips if you put the plug in slightly wrong or something shorts while you have it plugged in