MAM Transport

Hello all, do you know anything about MAM Transport in Northampton? Whats the pay like, do you get your own unit, working hours and anything else that would provide more info. Nice and short :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Happy trucking

Last i heard the pay is crap, £80 a day mentioned, the drivers i’ve met that work there are as miserable as buggery.

Juddian:
Last i heard the pay is crap, £80 a day mentioned, the drivers i’ve met that work there are as miserable as buggery.

Oh dear Lord. Now thats crap if its true :frowning:
Thanks mate

Yeah I heard £80 a day too but also heard they take on young and new drivers

10-08:
Yeah I heard £80 a day too but also heard they take on young and new drivers

its good if your looking for a job and just passed your C+E. if that was the case for me i would try it out. nice trucks and that, but ive got a job, pay not too bad just crap lorries :slight_smile: i want a nice big unit where i could do things to it :wink: and decent pay :slight_smile: about £100 a day :wink: so i would take home £450 p/w and be home every night. sounds reasonable doesnt it :smiley:

FH VOLVO’S AND MAGNUMS…
european work, uk tramping, uk days…
not sure about the money tho’

Another cab happy â– â– â– , if you want to Fanny up a truck buy your own you fud.instead of accepting crap pay

nearly there:
Another cab happy â– â– â– , if you want to Fanny up a truck buy your own you fud.instead of accepting crap pay

2nded

Thirded! Is there such a word?

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!

No need to be like that… You do your thing and ill do mine. For some reason i think that a fight is about to start :slight_smile:

No fight just saying that with rates being dragged down it doesn’t help when guys reckon its ok as long as they have a shiny bit of metal stuck to a wing mirror or a big neon scania light in the cab, that makes it look like a brothel on wheels.maybe when you become a truckerman you will understand

£80 a day and then they spend £50 a week of taxed earnings on the co’s motor.
Love to see the bosses house!

Of course if the co. spent the same money on the trucks it would be off settable against tax and the vat element reclaimable!

He can’t be that cab happy if he wants to be home every night.

Bit think of I dilemma he will have have a passionate night with Mrs or Polish up the chrome after his shift.I bet the burd is clicking the mouse most nights

It’d be a boring world if we were all the same. Is it so hard to let someone get on and do what they want to do without every other so and so sticking their ore in? Really grits my sh*t . This guy want to do stuff to a truck etc…let him get on with it. Its his money therefore his choice.

What gives you lot the right to run someone down because of wanting to spend their own money on a company truck. Its not my cup of tea but each to their own.

Im 23yrs old and in the relatively short period iv been driving…i can honestly say the majority of drivers i’ve met and chatted to are iggnorant. The comments made on this particular thread just add to my and most peoples opinion of hgv drivers.

I do, however, appologise to those drivers who are’nt iggnorant and rude.

robinhood_1984:
He can’t be that cab happy if he wants to be home every night.

Not that happy yet :slight_smile:

Bigfoot read the posts fully.my grievance is anyone willing to take lower pay to tart up a truck that isn’t there’s. So in theory you work for less and then spend the wages back on the truck to make the company look better. Why not just work for free as long as the boss gives you shiny trinkets ya ■■■.read first then rant bigmouthed pillock now go ask mummy to make tomorrow’s pack lunch

nearlythere

Thanks, but i read your post fully and still stand by what i posted.

If you read the bottom of my original post about drivers being iggnorant and rude, you will see that judging by your previous post to me, you’ve just proved that you fit perfectly into this catagory.

Ben

bigfoot:
nearlythere

Thanks, but i read your post fully and still stand by what i posted.

If you read the bottom of my original post about drivers being iggnorant and rude, you will see that judging by your previous post to me, you’ve just proved that you fit perfectly into this catagory.

Ben

Ben - what you seem to be forgetting is that for every driver that is happy to work for crap pay and a shiny motor, there are those of us that don’t give a ■■■■ as long as we get a decent day’s pay for working…

And the more idiots that work for crap money and a shiny motor…the more it becomes expected. So, in fact, it does affect us all…

If you want to polish something, go out and buy an MG or a Jag.

Oh and you don’t spell ignorant with two g’s… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

+1