Malcolm truck theft x 2

Two trucks and trailers with alcohol in them have been stolen from their yard.

Inside job anyone?

I reckon so , or some rear end kicking needs to be done if trucks were left with keys in FFs [emoji849][emoji849]
All our keys are locked away at week ends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So let’s get this straight.

Two class 1 drivers were able to walk into a yard, and take two units and trailers carrying high value loads. And no one was any the wiser for 6 hours… No one was monitoring the trackers. No alarms were set off. No one noticed the keys went missing. They obviously got very lucky. And by a stroke of luck - the thieves knew the units and not the trailers had trackers on. So ditched the unit and just coincidentally had another unit ready.

As an agency driver I could perhaps pull this off at one company. Who are daft enough to not only give me all the site access codes (so I can do night runs with no one there) - but also are daft enough to never change the security codes to the lock boxes or the gates. And they do leave high value loads in the yard - with a suzie lock on (key in the same box as the unit keys). However, I’d have to know which trailer had the load… And even with that knowledge it would be incredible audacious.

No wonder the Police do not take truck theft seriously… This is so brazenly an inside job that it’s just embarrassing. Someone who has or does work there knew what was in the trailers, and knew they could get them out. I’d wager at least someone in management is in on it.

It wasn’t me. Hic. :stuck_out_tongue:

my truck with container full of wine was stolen from Maritime yard shared by Wincanton in Tilbury back in 2009…guy walked into portacabin and asked for keys…security guy handed keys to him and said bye bye…
Truck with empty container found 50miles away…i never got my remote back :frowning:

Agency driver?

Christmas is coming…
But alcohol is a good all year target.
High value for volume. Small enough units that it’ll be knocked out for cash, so avoiding paper trails.
Anyone buying cheap booze, baccy or car radios in the pub or boot sale and they’re encouraging the next theft.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

The ironic thing is , if they were not wearing hi vis clothing they would have been stopped and challenged.

Hi vis = in vis.

Not the first time the thieves know more than the management and are more organised.

Similar thing happened at Greenalls Warrington, a few years ago, when 3x trailers of vodka were collected on a Sunday, never to be seen again.

Somebody on the inside at Malcolms was probably involved to an extent.

Not the hardest crime to pull off if you have an appropriately branded high vis & somebody to point you in the right direction.

Just go to the barra’s market, will appear there.