Malcolm Logistics driving assessment Haydock

Hi all. I’ve got an assessment tomorrow and wanted an insider info please. 5 on 3 off on offer

I had an application form filled out and ready to hand in for them when I worked for Canute. But as you said, its 5 on 3 off, and I thought twice. (I like my weekends to myself). Pay is only £8.50 ish. Time and a half after 40 hours.

What’s canute like

I really enjoyed it at first, but then it was a case of " Just jump on the 18 tonner for a couple of days holiday cover ", or " Can you just nip over to Trafford Park in your own car, an agency hasn’t turned up " etc,etc.

In other words, you get [zb]'d around a lot. Have you had enough of MT mate?

You will work 65 out of the 104 weekend days in a year , and at some stage in that pattern you will do 3weekends in a row and single days on the weekend either side.
Hope the missus is forgiving ! And ■■■■ knows how you make it work with driving hours regulations .

Not for me ever that one.

Had a mate work for them at Crick. He did the 5 on 3 off and said it was ok… Think the only thing he had an issue with was the veteran drivers like to dictate a few things!

Let us know how you get on. :smiley:

3 wheeler:
You will work 65 out of the 104 weekend days in a year , and at some stage in that pattern you will do 3weekends in a row and single days on the weekend either side.
Hope the missus is forgiving ! And [zb] knows how you make it work with driving hours regulations .

Sure your not talking about 4 on 4 off, which is miles better than 5 on 3 off which goes…

Sun-Thurs (Sun)
Mon- Fri
Tues-Sat (Sat)
Wed - Sat (Sat + Sun)
Thurs - Mon (Sat + Sun)
Fri - Tues (Sat + Sun)
Sat - Wed (Sat + Sun)
Sun-Thurs (Sun)

So only one full weekend off in an 8 week cycle. With 4 on/4 off you get 3 full weekends off in 8 & loads more time off on top.

How about 5 on 2 off, mon-fri, guaranteed weekends off…!?[emoji1]

I’m with Pimpdaddy! 5 on 2 off is the perfect shift pattern :slight_smile:

Mines better still Monday to Thursday,Fir Sat Sun off every week

Horrible place,makes Stobarts seem easy going.
They’re permanently advertising for drivers.

Why was it bad Halewood?

halewood:

hi i worked in there for a couple of years through an agency ,was told it was trunking by the agency ,less money than i was getting , but no hassle ,and it was , till i was sent out for general delivery work all over the place 15 hours, they were on the phone 3 times before i got to derby ,never said anything about " trunking" ,next time i went they tried it again ,i said thought it was trunking ,take what you get he said ,i said i leave it ,a driver next to me said he would swap me as he doing trunk ,office fat chappie ,says no ,so i walked out ,​never been back ,agency ,threatened to sue me and all-sorts ,nice guy

robf1234:

halewood:

hi i worked in there for a couple of years through an agency ,was told it was trunking by the agency ,less money than i was getting , but no hassle ,and it was , till i was sent out for general delivery work all over the place 15 hours, they were on the phone 3 times before i got to derby ,never said anything about " trunking" ,next time i went they tried it again ,i said thought it was trunking ,take what you get he said ,i said i leave it ,a driver next to me said he would swap me as he doing trunk ,office fat chappie ,says no ,so i walked out ,​never been back ,agency ,threatened to sue me and all-sorts ,nice guy

Have you seen a doctor for your over-commaitis?

ckm1981:

robf1234:

halewood:

Have you seen a doctor for your over-commaitis?

,s,o,r,r,y,

rob22888:

3 wheeler:
Hope the missus is forgiving ! And [zb] knows how you make it work with driving hours regulations .

Sure your not talking about 4 on 4 off, which is miles better than 5 on 3 off which goes…

Sun-Thurs (Sun)
Mon- Fri
Tues-Sat (Sat)
Wed - Sat (Sat + Sun)
Thurs - Mon (Sat + Sun)
Fri - Tues (Sat + Sun)
Sat - Wed (Sat + Sun)
Sun-Thurs (Sun)

So only one full weekend off in an 8 week cycle. With 4 on/4 off you get 3 full weekends off in 8 & loads more time off on top.

Oops…it’s my eyes and age.
Must of jumped a line looking …You are right .

Anyway as for 5/3 it’s the most ■■■■ shift pattern ever !