Malcolm Group has Scotland's first Euro 6 Scania

Story here

truckingtopics.co.uk/malcolmscaniaeur.html

Shudder at repair bill 5 years down the line of all the “gubbins”.

We’re paying for all this emissions crap meanwhile China & the US are still pumping out god knows how much pollution.

Silver_Surfer:

We’re paying for all this emissions crap meanwhile China & the US are still pumping out god knows how much pollution.

I’m sure the US are just as strict with emmisions as Europe is now.

damoq:

When it comes to vehicles they are for the first few years but after that then they go onto a lower emissions standards and are worse. Whereas in the UK a 10 year old vehicle has to meet the same emissions standards it did when it was new, in the US they lower the standard based on age or mileage of that vehicle, whichever comes first.

Conor:

damoq:

When it comes to vehicles they are for the first few years but after that then they go onto a lower emissions standards and are worse. Whereas in the UK a 10 year old vehicle has to meet the same emissions standards it did when it was new, in the US they lower the standard based on age or mileage of that vehicle, whichever comes first.

I didn’t realise it worked like that. It means there is no point in running new trucks in the USA then.

Group chief executive Andrew Malcolm said:“The truck is being worked hard and our drivers have no complaints.” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ya gotta laugh, I done 2 days on agency for them last week and every driver was moaning about them, even the bloke that hadnt got his yet
something about tramping in a g cab, nayruminem i think he said :smiley:

Silver_Surfer:

True, but that will be the poor old owner drivers issue when these motors have come off R&M.