Malcolm Group, Crick

Alright all

I know there’s a couple of threads on Malcolm group already, but I just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of what they’re like to work for out of the Crick depot regards to pay, conditions and type of work they do.

Thanks

The fact that they regularly advertise for drivers may give you a clue :wink:

I worked out of haydock for them but we did a lot out of crick,the cash wasn’t good but i’ve worked for less and they wern’t that hard to work for it was just the work that was ■■■ we mainly did unwrapped bottles from Harlow to brewerys around the country (pulling these loads is dangerous and will keep your arse on full clench)i was glad to get out and would never ever return.

They run the gypsum show at Sherburn in Elmet, seem ok to me :smiley:

Spoke to a night driver on the gypsum work whilst loading at East Leake he was dripping like mad as they are only paid 10hrs on nights and he had already done 10hours and still had to get back to Sherburn!

ive worked for them on agency out of haydock on nites seems to me they had a strange way of operating. agency lads always got decent runs usually newhouse trunk and there own drivers used to get treated like ■■■■ and taken advantage of with 10hr drives virtually every shift . the nitemen were on £95 per ■■■■ about 3yr back.

Norfolknewbie:
Spoke to a night driver on the gypsum work whilst loading at East Leake he was dripping like mad as they are only paid 10hrs on nights and he had already done 10hours and still had to get back to Sherburn!

Your bang on there norfolknewbie they pay you for 10hours exactly anything after dont get a bean mate of mine went their for a month tramping all over south west 4/5nights a week out worked inexcess of 270hours end of the month got wage slip paid for 200hours only told him this when he quiered it.Dont need me to tell you he told them where to stuff it.

boris:

Surely it’s possible they regularly advetise for drivers because the company is growing all the time. I know drivers working for them but not in Crick, who have been there a good while and seem settled in the job.

BB

Basilbrush:

boris:

Surely it’s possible they regularly advetise for drivers because the company is growing all the time. I know drivers working for them but not in Crick, who have been there a good while and seem settled in the job.

BB

See mine and Tuckman’s posts above maybe that is why they have a turnover (note I did not say huge)

tuckman:

Norfolknewbie:

Your bang on there norfolknewbie they pay you for 10hours exactly anything after dont get a bean mate of mine went their for a month tramping all over south west 4/5nights a week out worked inexcess of 270hours end of the month got wage slip paid for 200hours only told him this when he quiered it.Dont need me to tell you he told them where to stuff it.

Wouldn’t that come under exploitation laws?

SubFocus:
Alright all

I know there’s a couple of threads on Malcolm group already, but I just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of what they’re like to work for out of the Crick depot regards to pay, conditions and type of work they do.

Thanks

I worked for Malcolms at Crick, it was a while ago though so i’ve no idea of pay rates. Its just like Stobarts (was) , just deliver out the depot and its all repeat work. Whiskey, spirits to wholesalers, bottles to producers (that coffee place in Banbury), some general deliveries, RDC deliveries. And occasional collections from the likes of Harlow with bottles, glasses as others have said. They operate the rear steer trailers too. Its pretty standard mundane stuff. When i was there they had guys trunk down from Scotland with a load and then work out the Crick depot for the week, they slept in their cabs in the depot. They shunt and deliver a lot of stuff out of Diageo at Dav, and a good bit of their stuff comes in by train to the depot. They where ok and uneventfull !!