Making the leap kind of

Hi,

firstly, thanks for letting me join this forum, i have been reading through so much the last few days a great wealth of information right here.

So i passed my test in 1996 and have C1 entitlement but have never driven one.
My digi card is on order and should arrive this week i hope.

My plan is to do some 7.5t work get the feel before moving to class 2.

I have spoke to the LGV training company and they say i just need to do 35 hours cpc and i can drive the 7.5t, i dont know if this is right but i cant seem to find the answer anywhere else.

I also have my class 2 provisional, i told this guy that twice but he kept saying i need to do a medical and apply for it :confused:

kind of after some advice on how to progress really?

TIA
eilef

Boomerangtrucker:
Hi,

firstly, thanks for letting me join this forum, i have been reading through so much the last few days a great wealth of information right here.

So i passed my test in 1996 and have C1 entitlement but have never driven one.
My digi card is on order and should arrive this week i hope.

My plan is to do some 7.5t work get the feel before moving to class 2.

I have spoke to the LGV training company and they say i just need to do 35 hours cpc and i can drive the 7.5t, i dont know if this is right but i cant seem to find the answer anywhere else.

I also have my class 2 provisional, i told this guy that twice but he kept saying i need to do a medical and apply for it :confused:

kind of after some advice on how to progress really?

TIA
eilef

If you have the C provisional listed online - see check my driving licence - then it is valid and do not need a D4 medical

To drive any LGV commercially you need to get the 35 hours in your case
Some training providers have their C courses approved for some of those 35 hours

You also have the option of initial CPC if you have never held a Driver Qualification Card. It consists of two parts and is a pass / fail exercise though. An advantage of this route might be that you can book these tests on days off and you wouldn’t be spending 5 days in a classroom.

I believe it is the case studies theory and the practical demonstration that is required. Case studies at the same place you do the main theory and practical demonstration would usually need to be booked with a driving school as a vehicle is required I believe.

Noremac:
You also have the option of initial CPC if you have never held a Driver Qualification Card. It consists of two parts and is a pass / fail exercise though. An advantage of this route might be that you can book these tests on days off and you wouldn’t be spending 5 days in a classroom.

I believe it is the case studies theory and the practical demonstration that is required. Case studies at the same place you do the main theory and practical demonstration would usually need to be booked with a driving school as a vehicle is required I believe.

Had an email from a different company saying just this. As i have no CPC training at all I can pick to do the 35 hours or the 2 tests. I have found an online course for the 35 hours which i can book in for basically 1 a week for 5 weeks and its cheaper than the tests, so i think i will do that

A word of caution: it can be close to impossible to book Mod 2 for folks in these circumstances. As far as administration goes, it’s much more straight forward to complete 35 hours.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing: