Make the Right Decision

I was going to post something in the nitpicking thread, but decided to just steal a quote!

Coffeeholic:
Yes, and great fun as well when you show these people up as not qualified for the job they do.

“You must not drive more than 10 hours in 24.”
“You must have 30 minutes break at or before 6 hours.”
“You can’t take a reduced daily rest at home.”
“You don’t need to enter your finishing location on the digi tacho if you are leaving the card in the slot while you are away.”

Just a few of the ‘discussions’ I’ve had with these idiots whose job description says they should know this stuff.

Found on RT.com
keepmeontheroad.co.uk/drivers-hours/

Ferry crossings - under the new regulation a daily rest period of at least 11 hours can be interrupted, not more than twice, and not more than one hour in total, with no requirement to take additional in compensation for interruptions.
Rothera Dowson -

Article 9

1. By way of derogation from Article 8, where a driver
    accompanies a vehicle which is transported by ferry or train,
    and takes a regular daily rest period, that period may be
    interrupted not more than twice by other activities not
    exceeding one hour in total. During that regular daily rest
    period the driver shall have access to a bunk or couchette.
    561/2006

A regular daily rest period may be interrupted no more than twice, but the total interruption must not exceed 1 hour in total. This allows for a vehicle to be driven onto a ferry and off at the end of a sea crossing. Where the rest period is interrupted in this way, the total ■■■■■■■■■ rest period must still be 11 hours. A bunk or couchette must be available during the rest period.
GV262 Updated 2007

You pays your money and you takes your choice :unamused:

Reminding me of another thread, it is interesting to note that none of the three quotes mention two movements :wink: