Maintenance records

Hi all,
The maintenance planner on the wall plans ahead for 6 months (got rest of year up as its January and a year planner). Is there any obligation to keep the old wall chart, or can it just be thrown out?? My boss insists it should be kept for 15 months, but as far as I can see, it’s only purpose is to ‘plan ahead’ and doesn’t need storing…

We do keep all maintenance records, defect notes, and inspection records etc. for 15 months in a vehicle file, but do old planners need keeping??

Thanks,!

Is it really that much space to tuck it away somewhere?

you don’t need the old planner, but, you must keep the maintenance records for 15 months

That’s what I thought. There are 2 old planners on the wall that don’t need to be there…!!

Mister-man:
That’s what I thought. There are 2 old planners on the wall that don’t need to be there…!!

Hi Mister-man,

I agree with shuttlespanker.

IIRC, the requirements are for a forward planner and 15 months worth of maintenance records, which you seem to have.

I suppose there’s no harm in keeping the old planners, but IMHO it’s not actually a requirement.

No, it’s not a requirement but just fold it up and stash it with your archived records for that year. The more it looks like you do things properly if you ever do have your old records looked into the better.

I used to pin the new years wall planner over the top of last years. That way you don’t need to fold it up and find somewhere for it.

I always say the more you have in your transport office the more they have to to go through and more chance of spotting errors. Get rid and just keep the legal requirements

I never keep the old ones, and didn’t get asked for any old ones at my last check.