Maintenance contracts

just been quoted £148 a month for contract on 1 tractor unit, no trailer. Six weekly safety inspection and all other normal stuff, service, mot, etc. is this competative do you think? Not new unit, six yrs old volvo fh12

If that quote is with a main dealer its about right.I was quoted similar with Volvo truck and Bus in Pontypridd. But the guy did say that I would have a lower hourly rate than normal if the truck needed any additional work done.

think you’ve got look into what your actually getting for your money, i looked into them but for that sort of money, there was that many exclutions as to what actually came under the contract it weren’t worth a carrot, that said an average inpection is goner cost 70/80 quid, if they don’t do any work on faults found so you pays yer money and takes yer choice.

It sounds about right to me.

If they (main dealer) do replace anything it has a 2 year warranty so if it’s new to you it is handy to know in case it is a part that has already been replaced in the last 2 years.

Midlift airbags were the regular for me on a '99 420 g/t
I think I had all of 'em replaced but only paid for one (in the time I owned it not in one go)

It was from a main dealer. i think i’ll try one of the smaller firms in the town.
cheers. :smiley:

If it is ‘all in’ it doesn’t sound bad at all, it’s less than I’m paying for a Brand new renault, and was paying for my DAF, saying that, they were 150000k contracts, and covered everything but tyres, and accidental damage.