Main Land Car Deliveries

zaax:
Does anyone remember anyone working for Main Landcar Deliveries. They used transport news cars from Longbridge, Slipend Luton, Abbingdon, Oxford. Basicly from the old car manufactures and taking them to the dock.

And 10binken would like to know

yeah,my dad (lol morley} used to work for them out of derby rd bootle, Liverpool, and then they moved to Runcorn. he worked for them from 1970 to about 1997.

degu:

zaax:
Does anyone remember anyone working for Main Landcar Deliveries. They used transport news cars from Longbridge, Slipend Luton, Abbingdon, Oxford. Basicly from the old car manufactures and taking them to the dock.

yeah,my dad (lol morley} used to work for them out of derby rd bootle, Liverpool, and then they moved to Runcorn. he worked for them from 1970 to about 1997.

Hi, Degu, I remember Lol Morley, he taught me how to load a transporter up at Runcorn when I started at the Ely depot. Top man; hope Lol is well.

You mean Mainland Car Deliveries (MCD), my mate still drive for them I believe, took over Autocarriers not too many years back, they are still going.

zaax:

It is Mainland Car Deliveries now, in the days you are talking about from the late 50,s up to about the early 80,s it was known as Merseyside Car Deliveries started by a guy called Fielding, his son Geoff is the present Chairman.

Rumour on the bush telegraph is that MCD has ceased trading under that name again and is now trading as Autocarriers

A couple of years ago I moved the owner of MCD from his house in the New Forest. 1 week we took a truckload to a mansion in Chester (where his helicopter was) and the following week we took another truckload down to just outside Faro in Portugal. He was a really nice bloke and looked after us well. He had hundreds of pictures of when he was the manager of I think the Subaru Rally team. Just one of those jobs that stick in your head cos he was so nice and down to earth.

Their website:

mcd-ltd.co.uk/

stringy:
Their website:

mcd-ltd.co.uk/

I was told on Sunday that MCD are now trading under a new name but still from Sutton Weaver This mate runs a commercial workshop on Ashville Way

I’m sure it was MCD I used to see in the REliant works on the A5 at Tamworth. They used to load the Reliants using a central rail for the front wheel & I think most of the units they used there were Guys. Long time ago now.

BB

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … rriers.htm

MCD took over our Autocar depot at Milton Trading Estate in the early 90’s.
They took on most of the exsisting workforce-but on greatly modified terms. I stayed with Autocar, transfering to the Portbury depot, but that didn’t last due to them losing the Fiat contract to Walon (ex Abbey Hill) transporters.
I then left and went back to MCD as a relief driver for a short time. The Depot Manager then was Dave Mcabe-good bloke.

The company at this time was sponsering a Rally team in the Liverpool area, and later saw that ,as others have said that they were involved at some level with the Subaru Rally team.
Compared to Autocar they were a crap company to work for, but some liked it!

hi, mcd are now a part of autologistics which used to be walon,also i remember dave mcabe when he manager of richard lawson at hams hall.

steve.

pollystag:
hi, mcd are now a part of autologistics which used to be walon,also i remember dave mcabe when he manager of richard lawson at hams hall.

steve.

I knew I had heard that name before Dave Mcabe, Hams Hall, yes a good bloke.

Dieseldogsix:

pollystag:

steve.

I knew I had heard that name before Dave Mcabe, Hams Hall, yes a good bloke.

hiya diesel, i presume you were on for lawsons as well any pics??

cheers steve.