Main dealer problems!

Why is it that any main dealer for trucks treats customers like crap? Twice now I have taken my truck in for service. Dropped off at 14.00hrs as agreed and back to collect at 06.00 next morning only to be told they have not even started it! If you got that sort of service from a car dealer you would not be happy so why do companies put up with it? Time to name and shame a few perhaps? And praise the ones who deliver customer service as it should be!!

Come on, please tell…

I think it depends on the dealer as we use rygor very helpful and you get free biscuits and coffe if you are waiting :smiley:

Not sure if this will be moderated but the culprits are Harris DAF in Thurrock! Think it’s time that we drivers were treated more like human beings than some lesser life form. Yes I get a courtesy van but the staff are so bloody miserable!!!

It does baffle me why if you pay £70,000 for a car you would be treated like royalty by the dealer, yet because it’s a truck (which possible cost more than that) customer service and politeness goes out of the window!!

rgt1973:
It does baffle me why if you pay £70,000 for a car you would be treated like royalty by the dealer, yet because it’s a truck (which possible cost more than that) customer service and politeness goes out of the window!!

not so

landrover customer service is rubbish…sure,its all dolly birds and free coffee when theyre after your money,but once they`ve got it,the experience goes downhill.

£500 quid for a service…gets you damaged wheels,oil on the carpet and a walnut sized blob of grease on the glovebox door.
pathetic :smiling_imp:

Well maybe it might just be that the “main dealers” are being dragged into reality.

See I can go and get a hgv licence and drive some shiny truck with about 3 weeks training for about 3 or 4 grand and job done,happy as larry but

To get a half decent “grease monkey” who knows what the hell they are doing.will provide their own tools(minimum 5 or 6 grand)will take at least 8 to 10 years to even learn the job,will roll about under some nice shiny piece of crap at the side of a wet motorway on a friday night,will have to listen to some pillock in a suit telling them that they took tooo long ■■■■■■■ a 50 kilo clutch into some piece of crap bell housing at 3 o clock in a morning,and all this for about 10 or 12 quid an hour,its no wonder “main dealers” dont provide tea and fairy cakes is it?

You see,unlike you poor hard done by drivers,the “useless pillocks” that keep your trucks on the road,and I dont mean service receptionists,parts consultants,dealer principle(whatever they are) and accountants,the folk who actually do the work are getting few and far between.And you know why?

Because they pay more to steering wheel attendants and folk who talk a good repair than to the blokes that do the real work.So they all go and drive a truck.
So next time you go to a “main dealers” spare a thought for the blokes at the bottom of the food chain eh!

Worst i had was when mine went in for its 6wk inspection about 3 years ago.

Came in to find the sunroof left open (def not me as don’t ever use it) and it having rained most if the night. Cab was mingling.

Luckily I stow most of my gear so they can tilt the cab with nothing moving.

I kicked off, my boss kicked off and the dealer director kicked off. Resulted in the cab being valeted at 6am by a load of their fitters.

Bking:
Well maybe it might just be that the “main dealers” are being dragged into reality.

See I can go and get a hgv licence and drive some shiny truck with about 3 weeks training for about 3 or 4 grand and job done,happy as larry but

To get a half decent “grease monkey” who knows what the hell they are doing.will provide their own tools(minimum 5 or 6 grand)will take at least 8 to 10 years to even learn the job,will roll about under some nice shiny piece of crap at the side of a wet motorway on a friday night,will have to listen to some pillock in a suit telling them that they took tooo long ■■■■■■■ a 50 kilo clutch into some piece of crap bell housing at 3 o clock in a morning,and all this for about 10 or 12 quid an hour,its no wonder “main dealers” dont provide tea and fairy cakes is it?

You see,unlike you poor hard done by drivers,the “useless pillocks” that keep your trucks on the road,and I dont mean service receptionists,parts consultants,dealer principle(whatever they are) and accountants,the folk who actually do the work are getting few and far between.And you know why?

Because they pay more to steering wheel attendants and folk who talk a good repair than to the blokes that do the real work.So they all go and drive a truck.
So next time you go to a “main dealers” spare a thought for the blokes at the bottom of the food chain eh!

Fully agree with that! Been there and done that! Not blaming the workshop staff but more a comment on the way the dealers operate generally.

rgt1973:
Why is it that any main dealer for trucks treats customers like crap? Twice now I have taken my truck in for service. Dropped off at 14.00hrs as agreed and back to collect at 06.00 next morning only to be told they have not even started it! If you got that sort of service from a car dealer you would not be happy so why do companies put up with it? Time to name and shame a few perhaps? And praise the ones who deliver customer service as it should be!!

You will find just as many customers treat the main dealers like crap ,so it is a two way thing…If a customer treats you like crap should you be suprised if you feel you are treated like crap …I’m not saying the company or you or your fellow drivers treat the dealer like crap ,but I don’t know if your are constantly on the phone complaining ,questioning bills etc…Then again maybe reception is booking in to much work …I have found out that no matter wether it’s the stores don’t have the parts ,reception make an ■■■ of booking the vehicle in ,…But it’s always the workshop at fault,never complaint to the stores for not having parts…Nope blame he workshop. The customer makes an ■■■ of filling out the defect, even though it states give as much info as possible ,we still get 1 word defects ie tacho ,oil leak ,gearbox etc with no clue to what is wrong,But when we cant a fault ,workshop are useless …Warranty and customers do not pay for no fault found ,warranty wont pay for diagnosis …The workshop is over booked so doesn’t have hours to spend trying to figure out the 1 word defect…I’ve burst a gut for customers to the extent im the only one out on a sunday when we are closed to do jobs as customers wonder why when they bring a gearbox in Saturday why it wont be ready Monday at 8am when they know we are shut sunday,and never once have I been thanked…Also naming the dealer I think is childish yep you drop your vehicle off at 14.00 …but we don’t know if it was booked in on time or not,was your boss told it may not be ready or they couldn’t do it ,did they have people off sick …but as I said earlier it may be a reception issue and nothing to do with the workshop

norb:

rgt1973:

You will find just as many customers treat the main dealers like crap ,so it is a two way thing…If a customer treats you like crap should you be suprised if you feel you are treated like crap …I’m not saying the company or you or your fellow drivers treat the dealer like crap ,but I don’t know if your are constantly on the phone complaining ,questioning bills etc…Then again maybe reception is booking in to much work …I have found out that no matter wether it’s the stores don’t have the parts ,reception make an ■■■ of booking the vehicle in ,…But it’s always the workshop at fault,never complaint to the stores for not having parts…Nope blame he workshop. The customer makes an ■■■ of filling out the defect, even though it states give as much info as possible ,we still get 1 word defects ie tacho ,oil leak ,gearbox etc with no clue to what is wrong,But when we cant a fault ,workshop are useless …Warranty and customers do not pay for no fault found ,warranty wont pay for diagnosis …The workshop is over booked so doesn’t have hours to spend trying to figure out the 1 word defect…I’ve burst a gut for customers to the extent im the only one out on a sunday when we are closed to do jobs as customers wonder why when they bring a gearbox in Saturday why it wont be ready Monday at 8am when they know we are shut sunday,and never once have I been thanked…Also naming the dealer I think is childish yep you drop your vehicle off at 14.00 …but we don’t know if it was booked in on time or not,was your boss told it may not be ready or they couldn’t do it ,did they have people off sick …but as I said earlier it may be a reception issue and nothing to do with the workshop

Wouldn’t have minded but told them to call me if they needed it longer as it’s not usually a problem to re-arrange our runs. Would not have minded if they said it would be ready at lunch time but they didn’t bother. I understand your point and as I have said I don’t blame the workshop as they only work with the info they are given. And we don’t argue over the bills! If it needs doing it’s done.

Another point is that if they thought there was even a possiblity that they’d not have time to work on it,
they should have said so.
It could have been out earning instead of sitting idle.Wasted down time.If it happens again, bill them.