Maidstone A229

Evening chaps does any body no if there is a height restriction when you come off the m20 heading towards london at gate five to go on to blue bell hill under the bridge by maidstone audi looked on google and i see theres bridge protecrion but cant see a height limit cheers

bjd:
Evening chaps does any body no if there is a height restriction when you come off the m20 heading towards london at gate five to go on to blue bell hill under the bridge by maidstone audi looked on google and i see theres bridge protecrion but cant see a height limit cheers

What height are you, I used to go under at 13’ 9" with loads to spare but cannot tell you actual height sorry.

I think it’s 15.9 but I’m sure it’s because the near side drops if you kept to the right I’m sure it’s well over that

cheers chaps strange it hasent any height markers thow

16 foot trailers go through it. I thought if it was not mark it is a minimum of 16.6 .

fingermissing:
16 foot trailers go through it. I thought if it was not mark it is a minimum of 16.6 .

It dosent look that high but your properly right

Deckers go through there no problem. The bridge got hit a few years ago, never did find out what happened. Got some serious bridge protection up now!

btw - jtc 6 :wink:

A 229 is Junction 6 and marked as Bridge Protection, but no signed height limit. Junction 5 is A20 which has an arched 15’ 3" bridge with much reduced clearance near the kerbs.