Magnum 2004..

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Can anyone tell me what the R stands for ■■

Retarder?

abs sensor trying to think is it the trailer? cant remember, disconnect the trailer see if its still on

I don’t have a trailer hitched up burnley, had unit plugged in and all faults cleared with no active faults showing…

Have you tried removing the ABS lead and seeing what happens?

Steve will know what this fault code means, I’m sure he’ll help next time he logs in.

I’m back down at yard in the morning Harry I’ll unplug lead then, the truck has a aftermarket low emissions zone eminox fitted, would this affect the retarder ■■

You ignored the advice then, lol.

Think it’s an ABS fault on the drive axle but as has been said Steve is a Renault tech so is a better shout as will know any common faults so wait and see what he says rather than running through standard ABS fault diagnosis for the time being. If it’s coming up without moving the vehicle it will most likely be either a bad sensor or a break in the wiring to the sensor.

Yeah, ignored the advice, I’ve always wanted a magnum… The light now comes on when truck is not moving whereas before it was only occasional when moving, although it seems to have gotten worse since changing all the pads ■■

It’s almost certainly a sensor which has gone fubar or a minor ecu problem, any problem with the braking system will be flagged up at the six-weekly inspection. My Renault Magnum passed the MOT with a brake warning pictogram showing.

sampopmat:
Yeah, ignored the advice, I’ve always wanted a magnum… The light now comes on when truck is not moving whereas before it was only occasional when moving, although it seems to have gotten worse since changing all the pads ■■

Did the replacement pads get wired back in? I seem to recall when I did this job on an old motor of mine, the new pads had to be plugged in to the wires on the calliper…

Spoke to my mechanic today, he said he d bypassed the wear sensors and joined the wires to make a complete circuit, ■■?

Trailer ABS light. R = Remorque = French for Trailer

Cheers Neversweat, but trailer isn’t attached ■■

sampopmat:

Will probably be the ABS lead then. Try removing it and go from there.

Ah yes Harry you mentioned that before, hope your right pal, could be a quick fix …

sampopmat:
Ah yes Harry you mentioned that before, hope your right pal, could be a quick fix …

Remove the ABS lead, go through the ignition procedure, if the warning doesn’t show then it’s the ABS lead, they do only tend to last for a couple of years as they are constantly being flexed every time the vehicle turns and eventually the internal wires will short circuit. From memory they are about £60 from a factors, and maybe double that from a Renault dealer (although they will give you a decent discount if you ask nicely :wink: ).

Thanks again, I’ll let u know,

Harry Monk:

sampopmat:

Will probably be the ABS lead then. Try removing it and go from there.

As Harry said - Take the lead out first - Then check socket/wiring if still on.

Cheers mate.