magnet problem

i had a little problem today. the starter motor was just clicking, it’s done it from time to time, but it went eventually.
today it was being very stubborn, so stubborn i said some naughty words.
so i took the starter off thinking it’ll be an easy repair. oh how [zb]ing wrong i was. i expected to just stick some new brushes in, then get ■■■■■■■
the brushes were fine, but one of the magnets has collapsed which jammed the aperture.
i can get all the parts i want, but bosch motor magnets are like rocking horse crap.
any ideas?

Get a new starter motor?

Use the one off your gearbox. :wink:

Harry Monk:

or that

Harry Monk:

it’s too big. :laughing:

charliebear:
Get a new starter motor?

her indoors said that.
spend money? nahhhh :smiley: it’s not christmas yet.

limeyphil:
i had a little problem today. the starter motor was just clicking, it’s done it from time to time, but it went eventually.
so i took the starter off thinking it’ll be an easy repair. oh how [zb]ing wrong i was. i expected to just stick some new brushes in, then get ■■■■■■■
the brushes were fine, but one of the magnets has collapsed which jammed the aperture.
i can get all the parts i want, but bosch motor magnets are like rocking horse crap.
any ideas?

Ali Baba.com

limeyphil:

charliebear:
Get a new starter motor?

her indoors said that.
spend money? nahhhh :smiley: it’s not christmas yet.

Always park pointing downhill then, assuming it’s not an automatic.

Paul

Breakers yard ? Or eBay often people sell bits off trucks

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:
any ideas?

Ali Baba.com

cheers. i’ll fully recon this starter for less than a tenner. :laughing:
didn’t want to do second hand, you never know what your getting.

well i’ve done the job, it turns over as quick as a brand new one.
i couldn’t get a new magnet of the same size, so i butchered an old one.
the total cost of the job was [zb] all.
amazing what you can do with some knowledge and double sided sticky tape.

You should have invested in a starting handle, they never pack up.

Hombre:
You should have invested in a starting handle, they never pack up.

:laughing: :laughing:
i’ve thought about it. but she’d hit me with it.

I was told to put a Fuse in my tacho,and the bar melted all over it,the wrapper jammed it all up too,had to get a mechanic out to fix the chocolate melt down mess.Next time i will use a Jammy Dodger or Wagon Wheel.

toby1234abc:
I was told to put a Fuse in my tacho,and the bar melted all over it,the wrapper jammed it all up too,had to get a mechanic out to fix the chocolate melt down mess.Next time i will use a Jammy Dodger or Wagon Wheel.

Wagon wheel would work but you would only need to use the top half of it, unless you’re double manned then use the whole thing.

Hula Hoops do not work either. :smiley: