Magna park butterworth

I am looking for asda site in butterworth,think its on a site called butterworth.
I have looked on the rdc list and it appears not to be there.
has any one heard of this depot?
thanks…

oppps
i meant to say on a site called magna park i think…

its on the A5 near rugby and its Lutterworth, not butterworth. if there is smoke coming out of the satnav, thats why :laughing:

you will find it on the A5/ A426 close to junc 1 of the M6 better known as LUTTERWORTH.

p.s take plenty of reading material, it as been known to take a while to tip you.

Look at this!!!

We take ambient gear into Asda, and for us it’s the first Asda you come to.

That’s not to say all ambient goes in there though. :confused:

Good luck!!

if its beer its usually the one down the far end of the estate. turn on to magna park over first island upto the next turn right and follow you nose passed 2 other asda depots. the one youll need is right down the bottom of that road

done alot of full weekends recently , make sure you get your weekly rest in and compensation :wink:

jon

or if its gardening or medical stuff,it goes down the one right at the bottom of the estate,one good thing about the first rdc you come to on the left,i’m allowed to park in there overnight when i’ve got a wine box on.

no overnight parking allowed on site
come to think about no parking allowed fullstop

Thats funny,i’ve parked in Asda’s yard with a wine container on overnight.No problems at all.
I know there’s no parking on Magna park access roads though.

scanny77:
its on the A5 near rugby and its Lutterworth, not butterworth. if there is smoke coming out of the satnav, thats why :laughing:

M1/J21

Lovlyperson:

scanny77:

M1/J21

or seeing as your a welshlad and possibly coming from wales…M6 J1 1st exit A426 …then crossroads turn left now on A5 …a mile or 2 along there turn right into ind est

(that is assuming my memory is correct ) :confused:

jase:
Thats funny,i’ve parked in Asda’s yard with a wine container on overnight.No problems at all.

Going back about 5 years, there was a letter published in T&D from the Managing Director :question: of the holding company that own Magna Park, to the effect that it was a contractual condition of the lease relating to ALL of the sites that they MUST provide ‘on site’ parking for any driver whose hours had expired.

And I’ve also been present when a Dutch driver, delivering flowers at the Asda ‘chilled’ site, being refused permission to ‘overnight’ on the premises when his hours had expired.

Sometimes it would be very handy to ‘evidence’ the contravention of rules and restrictions but, quite frankly, the amount of of paper that one would have to carry for all the various locations, would make it impracticable.

What a wasted journey that drop was.
took me smack on 2.5 hours driving to arrive at asda,
i was booked in for 09.00 but was told at the gate i am booked in at 19.00
here we go i think.After a call to tm i was told no tip till at least 15.00.
i had 16mins break while the phone calls were going on, then was told to bring load back.I just did a u turn in the yard and headed straight for home.
stoped at strensham for a 30 min break.
What a total waste of time,money ,fuel and just about everything else.
i suppose i will get used to this in the end…

Who do you drive for welshlad??

welshlad:
took me smack on 2.5 hours driving to arrive at asda,
i was booked in for 09.00 but was told at the gate i am booked in at 19.00
here we go i think.After a call to tm i was told no tip till at least 15.00.
i had 16mins break while the phone calls were going on, then was told to bring load back.I just did a u turn in the yard and headed straight for home.
stoped at strensham for a 30 min break.
What a total waste of time,money ,fuel and just about everything else.
i suppose i will get used to this in the end…

you got paid :sunglasses: who cares if transport screwed up. not your fault mate. saved you waiting 3 hours to get tipped :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

welshlad:

A few months ago I had a full load of chocolates to take into Asda at Magna Park. 7am booking so (as it’s only a few miles up the road) I had a 6am start. The truck wouldn’t start due to a flat battery so, to cut a long story short, I ended up being almost an hour late. They refused my load.

Next day, I’m back in there with the same load. On time this time, but the paperwork still showed the previous day’s booking references etc. The gatehouse let me in, but Goods In wouldn’t let me tip due to the wrong reference numbers on the paperwork. They knew the correct numbers, but wouldn’t share them with me and wanted me to go away again. So I wandered back to the gatehouse and engaged the security bod in conversation on the pretext that my boss was angry with me for getting there late, and would he speak to my boss and confirm I had arrived on time? (For added effect, I was holding a mobile phone to my ear as if “the boss” was on the line). Naturally, the security bod declined to get involved, but while he was declining, I was noting the reference numbers from the log sheets in the gatehouse. I wrote these on my paperwork and, as if by magic, Goods In were now happy to unload me… :sunglasses:

Krankee:

jase:

Going back about 5 years, there was a letter published in T&D from the Managing Director :question: of the holding company that own Magna Park, to the effect that it was a contractual condition of the lease relating to ALL of the sites that they MUST provide ‘on site’ parking for any driver whose hours had expired.

And I’ve also been present when a Dutch driver, delivering flowers at the Asda ‘chilled’ site, being refused permission to ‘overnight’ on the premises when his hours had expired.

Sometimes it would be very handy to ‘evidence’ the contravention of rules and restrictions but, quite frankly, the amount of of paper that one would have to carry for all the various locations, would make it impracticable.

there is a pub with carpark on A5 just 300 yard from Magna park away :smiley:

The only place on Magna Park thats let me sleep onsite is Costco, and the “gits” who patrol the estate are on you if stop for more than 30 seconds on the roads around it.

Personally, when these parks are built, there ahould be a parking area as a matter of course, how they dont have to remains a mystery to me, and I’m sure a lot of others :unamused:

That pub on the A5 300 yards from Magna Park is in fact a swingers club called Liberties, so I,m told.lol