Magirus deutz factory

magirusdeutz.co.uk/MD8factory.htm
found this site plenty of info and pics

Disgraceful!!! - Happy Xmas, anyway.

:wink:

While MD’s have a fine record in some areas,I must say that while doing m/e in the '70’s I saw more of them being topped home because of some major failure.
A lot of you former m/e guys no doubt ran into a smashing German driver named Bernd Braun,better known as Bernard,tall guy,bald head.
I first met him in the Volos ferry office in Tartous trying to book onto a ferry home,and he was getting a bit exasperated trying to get through to the ■■■■■■■ dealing with bookings.
As I entered the office,Bernard turned round,and seeing me said,“You know,Hitler was not mad,he just had no sense of ■■■■■■■ direction,he should have come down here”.
I met him several times after that at different locations,once in the pub outside Dover Eastern docks,and he told me more than once,“Do you know Mr.Taylor”,very formal was Bernard,“Before I did this for a living,I was a Maggie Deutz salesman,now you know why I’ve got no ■■■■■■■ hair!”

Loved the look of Maggies, but didn’t realise their reputation was not so good. If I get time tomorrow, i’ll dig out some brochures and put them on the SALES BROCHURES
thread for those that are interested.

Found these pictures whilst looking through my Magirus-Deutz brochures. Hope they’re of interest.

bestbooties:
While MD’s have a fine record in some areas,I must say that while doing m/e in the '70’s I saw more of them being topped home because of some major failure.
A lot of you former m/e guys no doubt ran into a smashing German driver named Bernd Braun,better known as Bernard,tall guy,bald head.
I first met him in the Volos ferry office in Tartous trying to book onto a ferry home,and he was getting a bit exasperated trying to get through to the [zb] dealing with bookings.
As I entered the office,Bernard turned round,and seeing me said,“You know,Hitler was not mad,he just had no sense of [zb] direction,he should have come down here”.
I met him several times after that at different locations,once in the pub outside Dover Eastern docks,and he told me more than once,“Do you know Mr.Taylor”,very formal was Bernard,“Before I did this for a living,I was a Maggie Deutz salesman,now you know why I’ve got no [zb] hair!”

Brilliant, and the say Germans don’t have a sence of humour, I only had a maggie for a short time, doing containers and tractors for AC Jones of Cubbington, never let me down I must say, but sounded like an hair dryer.