Maggy sick(again)

Today my magnum (2008 500dxi) started to spin for ages before starting, once started shows dash warnings - injection inoperative- performance loss - fuel supply fault.
Drives ok, little hunting on idle .

Into workshop in the morning will do fuel filters and look at pipes and fittings ect but any clues more than welcome.
Stored codes are:
Mid128.
sid 6.
fmi 7.

Tesco diesel??

No seriously it’s somewhere in the fuel supply obviously.

I assume regularly serviced so won’t be clogged filters.

Have you considered injector rail issues?

If thats a volvo engine could be the injector cup seals reasonable common fault on the d13

kr79:
If thats a volvo engine could be the injector cup seals reasonable common fault on the d13

Pressure test to check this?

bazstan009:
Mid128.
sid 6.
fmi 7.

Faulty injector on number 6 cylinder.

prevostparts.volvo.com/technical … 985784.pdf

It could be lots of things but I would suspect injector selves, as said quite common on these engines. Easy way to check for sure remove the return pipe form the fuel tank sender stack and connect a piece of clear back to the tank, start her up if there is a steady stream of fuel all good if you have air and fuel then it’s time for selves. Not a mega expensive job really. Hope it helps

fuel pressure switch :wink:

Check for displaced or dirty crank or cam position sensors.
A low voltage square wave pulse will cause injector signal fault.

Thanks all for info will work through the list :slight_smile:
Started up to put i workshop with the exception of adblue light staying on no problems!

Harry link don’t work.

bazstan009:
Harry link don’t work.

Hmm. Just tried it again and it’s working for me, but try Googling the fault code, that’s how I found it.

injection inoperative-- fuel supply fault

had these on our maggie 480dxi and it turn out to be the fuel pressure switch/sensor

The fault code above does indeed relate to injector 6, seems this is last inline for a slurp so any fuel problems will put up this fault.

Big wedge of gunk in my pre filter! New filters and clean up, faults gone and good to go :slight_smile:

Thanks all.

bazstan009:
The fault code above does indeed relate to injector 6, seems this is last inline for a slurp so any fuel problems will put up this fault.

Big wedge of gunk in my pre filter! New filters and clean up, faults gone and good to go :slight_smile:

Thanks all.

Good outcome there and I’ve learnt something :wink: