Magdeburg to Warsaw

Hi folks, I’ going to Warsaw tomorrow in a 7.5 ton for delivery on Fri morning, will I have to pay any tax please. All constructive help gratefully received, Cheers.

As far as I’m aware, the LKW-Maut threshold in Germany is still 12 tonnes so you won’t need to pay that, but you will have to pay tax in Poland, see this bpplus.tolltickets.com/country/p … n-GB&mnu=t

But I’m willing to stand corrected on either point.

Either way, have a good trip. People tend to get a bit freaked out travelling to Poland for the first time, but that really isn’t necessary, it’s a very civilised country where people are generally friendly and helpful. Roads are ok, not up to British or German standards maybe but nothing to be worried about.

Not sure about the tax requirements for a 7.5tonner in Poland, but its definitely free travel in Germany.
The motorway now runs from the border at Frankfurt Oder, right through to Lodz, with a mix of peage and “toll collect”, known as
VIA TOLL.

Can’t help ref tax but I can tell you that the A2 is now open all the way from the border at frankfurt to warsaw thanks to the Euros. Its a toll road for a large part of it and though poland still has the zloty they will take euros at the toll booths.

Harry is right, in Poland there is viaToll system, just like MAUT in Germany, but to everything over 3.5t.

And, this information might be important to some holidaymakers, that includes car + caravan if over 3.5t together.