Magazine

NO NOT THAT SORT
Any recommendations what is a decent truck magazine
Looking for just general info in the industry
Laws , experiences , new companies , jobs ,
You get the drift
Not too interested in how many lights the new scania has or how many horses are pulling the new daf .

Thanks

Many years ago there was a magazine called ‘Headlight’ (total useless info for you btw it has long gone :smiley: ) it was specifically for drivers, that gave lots of the type of info a driver needed, law issues, regulations, places to park, even return loads for owner drivers, and general heads up and tips about the job
Then came ‘Truck and Driver’ which I bought from issue1 up to about 5 years ago, when I got sick of reading about how blinged up some Scania or another was, and what trucking was like in Outer Mongolia or some ■■■■ where.
Then we have the other ones which don’t really appeal to me personally…no ■■■■ interest anymore. :neutral_face:
Basically I don’t think there is a mag on the market today that resembles the old ‘Headlight’, not for the stuff you want anyway…so room for a one on the market if any publishers are reading this.

‘Truck’ magazine i enjoyed back in the 80’s, previously Commercial Motor i found interesting as a youth before i entered the game.
Haven’t a clue what’s out there now, have seen copies of T&D over the years but bling never has been my scene, i still don’t know what benefits a row of spotlights across the roof give.

I too think there’s a market for a mag with articles written by knowledgeable people so those interested in starting, newbies to the industry, those changing sectors within, not to mention we are all on a learning curve no matter how long we’ve done the job, can read about and get lots of tips about what’s involved, with other articles about such things as (topically) snow driving, general help in getting the best from your licence investment and to help those with any interest to further their driving careers.

I have never bought one but would have a free look in WH Smith’s in town shops or a MSA but gave up looking after too many photos of lorries with every light on from fog lights to main beam for a photo shoot in daylight.
And hazard lights on and whatever flashing lights on the cab roof and the driver wearing a high visibility vest sat in the seat .
There was one magazine that had job offers at the back .

Not much in it .
But always pick up a free copy of truck news? Or what ever it’s called is usually free at most truck stops