Madrid, Sunday Truck Ban

Back in June I sailed to Santander on the “Fight Boat” aka the Cotentin.
After leaving Santander all went well to north of Arevelo where the overhead signs said no trucks between 1600h and 2300h 100 k’s around Madrid (not exactly sure of times or distance).
No signs of any other trucks heading south so I parked up at Arevelo alongside a Portuguese who said the ban was every sunday through summer.
Anyone know if it has been lifted?

Have Googled it, but cant find any reference to the ban.

There is a permanent Sunday ban on the A1 to the north of Madrid for about 100Km on every Sunday night between 21:00 and midnight , the ban is also imposed on Fiesta days too.

Hombre:
There is a permanent Sunday ban on the A1 to the north of Madrid for about 100Km on every Sunday night between 21:00 and midnight , the ban is also imposed on Fiesta days too.

Have fallen foul of 2100 Fiesta ban when heading north.

This one definitely started at 1600, if it had have been 2100 would have been well south of Madrid by that time.

Have asked around but no one seems to know much about it

Hombre:

As above is quite correct but the Spanish Guardia Civil tend to be on the whole a bit lenient so long as the traffic is not too heavy and will quite often turn a blind eye.

Vascoingles:

Hombre:

As above is quite correct but the Spanish Guardia Civil tend to be on the whole a bit lenient so long as the traffic is not too heavy and will quite often turn a blind eye.

The above is quite correct too!

Quite often I have “forgotten” the ban and just been ignored - its always best to avoid the area though at the end of holiday periods, such as this weekend, as the traffic can be extremely bad and they will definitely pull you over.

Hombre:
Quite often I have “forgotten” the ban and just been ignored - its always best to avoid the area though at the end of holiday periods, such as this weekend, as the traffic can be extremely bad and they will definitely pull you over.

Thanks.
Reason I was asking is if the ban is still in place then it doesn’t really make much sense to use the Santander crossing as it arrives at a time that will get you near Madrid by mid afternoon and then get parked up by the Guardia Civil for the rest of the day.

squarepeg:

Hombre:

Thanks.
Reason I was asking is if the ban is still in place then it doesn’t really make much sense to use the Santander crossing as it arrives at a time that will get you near Madrid by mid afternoon and then get parked up by the Guardia Civil for the rest of the day.

Depends where you are going really as the ban shouldn´t start until km50 there are ways around it depending on where you want to go.

Hombre:

Vascoingles:
Depends where you are going really as the ban shouldn´t start until km50 there are ways around it depending on where you want to go.

Ban started on A6 about 100K north of Madrid at 1600h.
My destination was Malaga and there didn’t seem to be any other way round Madrid so decided to sit it out.

Also lots of other trucks parked up, the majority of which seem to move around 2230h.

squarepeg:

Hombre:

Vascoingles:

Ban started on A6 about 100K north of Madrid at 1600h.
My destination was Malaga and there didn’t seem to be any other way round Madrid so decided to sit it out.

Also lots of other trucks parked up, the majority of which seem to move around 2230h.

Silly question probably but if you wre going to Malaga what were you doing on the A6 or did have a drop up that way ?