Made i larf!

Tuesday morning i pulled into the gateway of Colmans/Britvic of Norwich. In front of me was a Post Kogeko motor. Obviously left hand drive. The driver left his cab and approached the gate house. Observing the driver conversing with the security staff it was very apparent that he was English. This was confimed when the driver upon returning to the truck opened the door on the right hand side of the truck to find that there was no steering wheel or pedals! Bemused he shut the door and went round to the other side. I roared with laughter. Bless him, he did look embarrassed.

I have done that, but not any more, as a seasoned left ■■■■■■ convert, I will always leave a spare pair of gloves on the passenger step for that very reason :smiley:

Yesterday I had a drop in Dudley and a bloke came to meet me to explain where he wanted me to wait while he moved some vans. He was surprised that I spoke English, (well more than he did from Dudley)

Eventually he got his vans moved and said to the other lads that he would go and ask me to spin round in the road and back in. They were laughing at him as he couldn’t speak French.

I reversed in and they jumped in the back to tip it, eventually I walked round the back and announced in broad Yorkshire that their mate speaks good French :smiley: So we got the last laugh on the other lads.

I will always leave a spare pair of gloves on the passenger step for that very reason

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,works wonders that one … but dont forget to unlock the door :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yeah I got that tee-shirt! I was working for a dutch firm and there was one left ■■■■■■ that I would find myself driving now and then. Don’t half feel a prat! :blush: :smiley:

I sat on a taxi drivers lap outside Freds in Madrid. He was not amused.

Ayup Wheelnut,thats a classic.Ive done it in LHD car too,open passenger door,the frau. looked at me smiling but I just sat in and laughed and told her Id been driving all week and it was her turn as if I knew exactly what I was doing :blush: In the Lorry the glove trick worked too. Joe.

I do this regularly! Everytime i go to get in the Unimog! :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I have done that, but not any more, as a seasoned left ■■■■■■ convert, I will always leave a spare pair of gloves on the passenger step for that very reason :smiley:

Thats what me brother does, I want to see him go to the left side if he goes back on a right ■■■■■■.

Good to see you with a blue wrapper on your back the other morning, would’ve flashed, but didnt want the lad overtaking to get the wrong idea and wipe me out :wink: .

took my dad away with me last year to germany. here he is having a nap.

now bear in mind my truck is rhd but with german plates then you can understand why i had a few blasts of horns from startled car/truck drivers overtaking us only to see his head banging off the window… :smiley:

PMSL Wirralpete, classic. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hired a car in Malaga whilst on me hols a couple of weeks ago. The first time I sat in the car, I nearly decked the missus with a left hook looking for my seat belt. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

wirralpete:
took my dad away with me last year to germany. here he is having a nap.

now bear in mind my truck is rhd but with german plates then you can understand why i had a few blasts of horns from startled car/truck drivers overtaking us only to see his head banging off the window… :smiley:

Now that would have been a picture of people passing you hootin and blowin i gotta say thats funny :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Wirral Pete thats a classic still psml!!!

I did the LHD thing last week, only been driving this truck for 9 months now!!! :blush: :blush: I will have to put the gloves on the passenger side, thats a good one to remember.

eddie snax:

Wheel Nut:

Thats what me brother does, I want to see him go to the left side if he goes back on a right ■■■■■■.

Good to see you with a blue wrapper on your back the other morning, would’ve flashed, but didnt want the lad overtaking to get the wrong idea and wipe me out :wink: .

As we have a combination of LHD drive truck and RHD vans at work I’ve already got into the left hand seat of the van and looked rather confused. :blush:
I’ve also got into the left hand seat of a taxi when abroad on more than one occasion. :blush: :laughing:

wirralpete, that is a classic picture. reminds me of my army days, when we would deploy to germany from blighty if we were driving a RHD truck the passenger would hold up newspapers or a map in front of his face while we were beltin down the autobahn. always good for a laugh.

I do it all the time, I’ve got one LHD car and one RHD, you’d think I’d know by now as one is red and the other black… :confused: