Mad or sane

apple.news/AB5uMkLGNT4Ga7eIA2tYcdg

Reminds me of the guy that said he had no brakes and stopped the lorry by edging along the crash barrier some years ago. Am thinking he wouldn’t be self isolating if he had a 61 plate Merc Axor!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

staying out for a piffling 5 weeks at a time makes him a shunter in some companies over here… :slight_smile:

Whatever you think of it, and allowing for journalistic licence (six nights out a week?) it does highlight some of the things many of us have been moaning about for years.

Whether it helps improve our lot remains to be seen, but raising public awareness isn’t a bad thing.

Probably only doing it for the peace and quiet! Better than being stuck at home with the wife and kids :slight_smile:

Sidevalve:
Whatever you think of it, and allowing for journalistic licence (six nights out a week?) it does highlight some of the things many of us have been moaning about for years.

Whether it helps improve our lot remains to be seen, but raising public awareness isn’t a bad thing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not a chance although it might help if they gave captain john or whatever his name is a few nights out in a stobart truck and get the lemmings to tag along again.
but i think after reading the article,you should watch this,then go outside and impersonate a happy seal for 5 mins to get the required effect. :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xZ43p4efk

Roverman:
Reminds me of the guy that said he had no brakes and stopped the lorry by edging along the crash barrier some years ago. Am thinking he wouldn’t be self isolating if he had a 61 plate Merc Axor!

I was thinking along the same lines when I saw it on the news tbh…I mean, why tf would you? :unamused:
He doesn’t look as if he’s done the job long enough for it to be any form of hardship for him…he’s still at the ‘Mad keen’ stage that we’ve all been through.

My interpretation?..Misgiuided, young and very keen, …Beginner’s Cabhappiness I reckon. :unamused:

Maybe when I was his age and stage of his career I would have not minded living in a truck near home either…especially one as well equipped as the one he’s got.
Attention seeker as well as a ‘‘Look at me in my big truck’’ herbert.

See the lockdown’s done nothing to reduce cynicism levels on here! :grimacing:

Being a key worker, he is entitled to be tested if he thinks he has it, or had it.https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/covid-19-coronavirus/coronavirus-national-testing-programme-key-workers
Key workers are those who work in essential areas. This includes workers in:
any government department;
the Health and Safety Executive;
roles necessary for critical national infrastructure to continue to operate (for example utility, transport sectors);
roles necessary to support the health and wellbeing of the community directly (for example funeral directors, refuse collectors, medical, energy, utility, transport and food supplies, food production, agriculture and food sectors, or supply pinch points).

Sidevalve:
See the lockdown’s done nothing to reduce cynicism levels on here! :grimacing:

The lockdown has made me even more cynical about how crap people are [emoji3]

Bet he’s coining it in weekended every weekend, plus 7 nights out a week ££££££
Ha Ha

he works for poole international so you might think being out for a week or three wouldnt be a shock to the system.
them trucks need paid for.
he must be losing £500 a week this side of the water if he is doing locals without the duty free perks.

He can’t paint .
He is no good at DIY .
He sold the lawnmower and hasn’t told the wife .
These are more than likely the reasons he’s not going home .lol

“For the last five weeks, the lorry driver from Carmarthenshire in Wales has been effectively working and living in a cab barely two metres wide.”

Err, no he isn’t as he later states that he lives in a mates caravan sometime, which I strongly suspect is all weekend.

Actual article should state “hero driver wants to get his story straight for the next time he’s in an RDC and absolutely no-one asks about him, his kids or his sacrifice”.

Everyone else calls what he’s doing tramping and escaping screaming babies. As for the Merc, how about they give him one of those Bedfords or similar 80s trucks that’s been mentioned here before.

Joining the cynicism group and auditioning for Grumpy Old Men. :slight_smile:

Are these the new RDC storylines were going to hear,

“Well my mate self isolated for 8weekd in his FH4, Globetrotter”

“Yeah my mate did that,but in a Merc Axor”

“Cor fuook he was hard”

“Well yeah,he was in the and,so was use to it”

I can’t wait to hear them yapping on.

You’re all so cynical.
I for one shall be clapping him every night at 8pm until a vaccine has been found [emoji122]

robthedog:
Bet he’s coining it in weekended every weekend, plus 7 nights out a week ££££££
Ha Ha

Aye I bet he is. :unamused: :smiley:

With all the time he’s got on his hands, (and if he ain’t already on here.) …he’s BOUND to come across this forum, with him obviously being a terminally enthusiastic truck fanboy. :smiley:
He’ll be a bit disappointed if he was expecting hero status eh? :laughing:

robroy:
With all the time he’s got on his hands, (and if he ain’t already on here.) …he’s BOUND to come across this forum, with him obviously being a terminally enthusiastic truck fanboy. :smiley:
He’ll be a bit disappointed if he was expecting hero status eh? :laughing:

I bet with all that time on his hands he has completed the whole of Internet ■■■■…thank god he stock piled bog roll :laughing:

robthedog:
Coronavirus: Lorry driver has been living in his cab for five weeks to protect his wife and children

What an idiot. Typically cab-happy glory boy. The virus is the best thing that’s happened for him as now he can use it as an excuse to live in his truck permanently rather than being restricted to ‘only’ 6 days a week and freaking out that someone else will drive “his” truck on his day off. There are thousands just like him who live for the job/truck. Complete non-story.