MacHayes International Transport 141-142

I eventually got all my dads photos, not that there is many, but here are the MacHayes ones, sorry there not that good Ash, my dad is about as good as me when it comes to taking pics!!

Me (on left with my keep on truckin’ belt on!!) and my little brother having a day out with dad, loading for Gdinya Poland (around 1979)

On way to Poland

Unloading at Gdinya

Empty to Italy to load for Bolton, 3 truck job, a job for Coca-Cola, looks like a wheel has just been changed

Dad making the most of the sun and trying to look cool

My uncle Davids 141 in 1979, location of photo unknown

first trip for this ex Russel Davies 142 tag axle with its new owner, pic maybe taken in Swiss?

After a coat of paint and a few modifications it looks the business ( MacHayes bought it 1986ish)

Pics taken at Machayes yard

One day…

Doing a changeover near Riems after loading tractors in Italy

kindle530:

Me (on left with my keep on truckin’ belt on!!) and my little brother having a day out with dad, loading for Gdinya Poland (around 1979)

you still got the belt?? looks like you aint grown since these days mate :laughing: :laughing:

seriously though, great pictures, cheers for putting them on here

cheeky git! i think the belt got thrown out years ago, my uncle Donny gave it to me, it was brass, i remember that, cos i was allways polishing it. It said keep on truckin’ and had an American bullnose truck underneath the writing.

great pics kindle of a couple classic motors :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice pics, cheers! My last guv’ had a few motors running out of MacHayes yard a few years ago just before i left. I was never based there personally, but went over a few times for trailers etc.