M74/Fridge Trailers

Rant,

The M74 south of Glasgow is a bloody disgrace, I’m thinking of bringing trenching equipment with me next time I head north. I noticed they were filling some of the gaping chasms the other day but they should really re-surface that whole concrete bit, not a very good welcome to Scotland is it?

There really are some ignorant b’stards about running fridge trailers into services at night and not switching them off whilst they take a 45. Wish I was a bit more handy and i’d switch them off for them or switch them off. 3am this morning woke up by some prick with a fridge parking next to me, wasn’t going to start work till 8am but thought I might as well get on with it at 4am as I couldn’t get back to sleep. Swine. Thought of using ear plugs but need to hear the phone in the night and not very good if your wagon catches fire…

That’s better.

i drive fridges all the time
i am sorry that you had your sleep disturbed but at that ime of the morning your normally lucky to get a space

i do try to park out of the way or next to another reefer

as for turning of somebody elses fridge what a great idea lets ruin 26 tons of produce that could be worth over a hundred thou

tell you what why dont i pour petrol on your tractor unit coz i dont like the colour

somebody tured my fridge off one night in the services on the m11 luckily i’d only stopped for an hour

shame the perp didn’t know that the row they make when trying to get down to temp can be really loud and drawn out

shame the perp didn’t know that the row they make when trying to get down to temp can be really loud and drawn out

I can kind of vouch for that. When i drove fridge vans, if you had it on pull down it was like driving with the hand brake on. The engine has to work that hard to drive the compressor.

The M74 south of Glasgow is a bloody disgrace

Scottish parliament said that it would cost 6 billion to fix Scotlands roads…
I can vouch for that - I live here and the roads have been getting worse for the last decade with no repair or renewal. :imp:

dennisw1:

I can kind of vouch for that. When i drove fridge vans, if you had it on pull down it was like driving with the hand brake on. The engine has to work that hard to drive the compressor.

Nobody warned me about this on my 1st shift on frozen food multidrop for the agency. When the fridge cut in and the engine nearly died with much belt squealing, I had one of these broon breeks moments. :confused:

tintobg:

The M74 south of Glasgow is a bloody disgrace

Scottish parliament said that it would cost 6 billion to fix Scotlands roads…
I can vouch for that - I live here and the roads have been getting worse for the last decade with no repair or renewal. :imp:

Abought time us English paid some more taxes then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If I ever caught anyone playing around, or even looking at the controls, with my fridge, I would punch their ■■■■■■ lights out big style!!!

TheBear:
If I ever caught anyone playing around, or even looking at the controls, with my fridge, I would punch their ■■■■■■ lights out big style!!!

I bet you really struggle to get a service engineer to call again once you have administered a thorough beating :unamused:. I can hear his words now " just trying to do my job when he punched me with tremendous force Officer".

I used to drive little Iveco 130E15 13t fridges with a staggering 150hp and an alternator driven fridge. When on frozen they would crawl up the hill from the Medway on the M2 at about 20mph.

Silver_Surfer:
There really are some ignorant b’stards about running fridge trailers into services at night and not switching them off whilst they take a 45. Wish I was a bit more handy and i’d switch them off for them or switch them off. 3am this morning woke up by some prick with a fridge parking next to me, wasn’t going to start work till 8am but thought I might as well get on with it at 4am as I couldn’t get back to sleep. Swine. Thought of using ear plugs but need to hear the phone in the night and not very good if your wagon catches fire…

Not this again. :unamused: If you can’t stand the noise, DON’T DO NIGHTS OUT! How much clearer do you need it? :unamused: Sorry, I’ve forgotten you’re a quid a mile owner driver that needs to work night and day 24/7 just to make a few quid profit at the end of the week.

I agree with Ainsley about it and I caught the guy parked next to me once turn my fridge off when I had banana’s on and it was a freezing cold night like -10C so had to keep the fridge on to keep them warm. The sudden quiet of the fridge being turned off awoke me and I instantly knew it had been turned off by someone as they cough and splutter when they’re out of diesel. I peeped through the curtain and saw the bloke parked next to me climbing into his wagon really quietly in just his boxers and trainers. I was [zb] fuming so gave it an hour then slashed his curtain to shreds then [zb] off out of there. [zb]

Gordy:

dennisw1:

Nobody warned me about this on my 1st shift on frozen food multidrop for the agency. When the fridge cut in and the engine nearly died with much belt squealing, I had one of these broon breeks moments. :confused:

it doesnt help when the warehouse staff load 11 cages of frozen into the side compartment and fill the rest of the trailer with chilled and freeze the wrong section. happened to me a few weeks ago. no one could figure out why the temp wasnt dropping and it turned out that the fridge was trying to freeze the whole trailer except the part where the frozen cages were :laughing:

R143-500:

TheBear:

I bet you really struggle to get a service engineer to call again once you have administered a thorough beating :unamused:. I can hear his words now " just trying to do my job when he punched me with tremendous force Officer".

and why would an ‘engineer’ be touching my fridge unless I had requested him to■■? I’m sorry but if I have a frozen or chilled load on, I am responsible for it. In Portugal this summer, they requested a printout because of the extreme temps. No print out, no tip.
Thankfully, you never get any problems over the water. Occassionly someone will park next to you and then ask if you are staying. If I say yes, then they move away.

TheBear:

R143-500:

TheBear:

and why would an ‘engineer’ be touching my fridge unless I had requested him to■■? I’m sorry but if I have a frozen or chilled load on, I am responsible for it. In Portugal this summer, they requested a printout because of the extreme temps. No print out, no tip.
Thankfully, you never get any problems over the water. Occassionly someone will park next to you and then ask if you are staying. If I say yes, then they move away.

To really annoy a reefer driver, first check his temp. If he’s frozen, then higher it to say +3 and if he’s chilled then lower it to -15 . That way he probably won’t notice (straight away!), and your feet will be back on your bunk before he’s even noticed the engine change a note!!

If I found that had been done to my vehicle, the registration numbers of the adjacent wagons would be taken down and passed on to my company along with photographs of the vehicles.

How would you like it if we started loosening off your straps?

Just goes to show what a bunch of complete [zb] [zb] [zb] we have to share the roads with. It’s beyond belief what lengths some people will go to. I just hope that Silver Surfer and Mike C do do it to Ainsley’s reefer one day and he catches them at it and boots 10 balls of [zb] out of them. :angry:

Evil [zb]. :imp:

Mike-C:
[

To really annoy a reefer driver, first check his temp. If he’s frozen, then higher it to say +3 and if he’s chilled then lower it to -15 . That way he probably won’t notice (straight away!), and your feet will be back on your bunk before he’s even noticed the engine change a note!!

Mike, I been pulling fridges a long time!! I have had this fridge on the back of my unit for 8 months. You think I wouldn’t notice a change in the engine note■■? You’d be surprised as any fridge puller will tell you. You get to know the exact tones of the engine whether it is auto-defrosting, chilling or whatever. Even driving along, I can pick the tone off the engine out above all the relevant road noises etc.

To really annoy an ambient driver, I look in the services during the day for those with their curtains closed and pull alongside them for a 45 and set the fridge to defrost so it will roar when it is freezing it back down.
A ■■■■■■■ thing to do, eh, Mike■■? But no different to what you are advocating!

Mike-C:

TheBear:

R143-500:

TheBear:

lly annoy a reefer driver, first check his temp. If he’s frozen, then higher it to say +3 and if he’s chilled then lower it to -15 . That way he probably won’t notice (straight away!), and your feet will be back on your bunk before he’s even noticed the engine change a note!!

what a 42 carat plonka u really are.
oh how i would love to catch you messing with my fridge. u plick

TheBear:

Mike-C:
[

Mike, I been pulling fridges a long time!! I have had this fridge on the back of my unit for 8 months. You think I wouldn’t notice a change in the engine note■■? You’d be surprised as any fridge puller will tell you. You get to know the exact tones of the engine whether it is auto-defrosting, chilling or whatever. Even driving along, I can pick the tone off the engine out above all the relevant road noises etc.

To really annoy an ambient driver, I look in the services during the day for those with their curtains closed and pull alongside them for a 45 and set the fridge to defrost so it will roar when it is freezing it back down.
A [zb] thing to do, eh, Mike■■? But no different to what you are advocating!

Calm down,calm down !! It’s a joke, i have pulled lots of reefers myself, and no doubt soon will be pulling them again.

ohterry:
what a 42 carat plonka u really are.
oh how i would love to catch you messing with my fridge. u plick

Terry, if your fotograph is anything to go by, you look like i could go in your kitchen fridge and you wouldn’t notice, never mind your trailer!!

Rob K:
Just goes to show what a bunch of complete [zb] [zb] [zb] we have to share the roads with. It’s beyond belief what lengths some people will go to. I just hope that Silver Surfer and Mike C do do it to Ainsley’s reefer one day and he catches them at it and boots 10 balls of [zb] out of them. :angry:

Evil [zb]. :imp:

Thinking about it Rob, you’re right. I think it would be better to sit across the other side of the lrry park and throw pebbles at it!!! Don’t know where i got that idea from but it sounds ok!!