M74 Closure

Just a heads up for anybody heading to or passing through central Scotland next weekend.
The M74 will be closed completely between junc 5 Raith and Junc 4 Maryville from 8pm on Friday 18th to 6am monday 21st.
There is a diversion in place but knowing this area well my advice would be, give it as wide a berth as possible.

Took me an hour and 5 minutes to get from Coatbridge to Hamilton during rush hour the other day. Whole area is a shambles. And I’m rota’d in for next Saturday hope to ■■■■ I’m over in Edinburgh or up north.

Same weekend as the M3 down south is shut 2-3

I can’t wait till the roadworks are completely finished next year. Getting fed up having to leave the house for work over an hour before my shift starts just so I’m not late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, its utter chaos around there just now.

The speed lmit through the works Is enforced

facebook.com/Transcotland/v … 303452220/

Hopefully this helps anyone travelling up here …May help if you let your powers that be, to check the transport Scotland website

At least they warned in advance. On Saturday night they shut j5 southbound slip road so I went to Hamilton to turn round and come off j5 northbound. Left turn only so I then went to east Kilbride to get turned round again so I could get to Bellshill for fuel

Nobody told me I didn’t need to go to Bellshill because our pumps are now back in use :blush:

Can see the northbound inside lane being closed today the potholes are lethal :open_mouth: could potentially wreck a car some of them.
Also cars braking harshly to avoid them. Very dangerous.

A couple of photos of the work from Facebook.

One courtesy of Malcolm Plant Hire taken on Saturday.

FB_IMG_1479676129861.jpg

And another on Sunday morning by Iain Ferguson.

FB_IMG_1479676153509.jpg

Timelapse video of the demolition

youtube.com/watch?v=-PNhArPD_t0

Some more photos from Twitter:

twitter.com/theroddyscott/statu … 80?lang=en

twitter.com/Grazer10/status/799 … 77?lang=en