M62 west of Birch

Any one know what the structures and screens are for?

i just assumed they were the compounds for the new works, screened off to stop joe public gawping in as they drive past

It’s for pollution from the motorway lol, it’s all wood , apparently a trial costing £2m or summit , looks an eyesore lol

To combat air pollution :stuck_out_tongue:
gov.uk/government/news/new- … l-barriers

ahhhhh I was wondering this meself! think they’re bloody eyesores TBH!

B…

They could build them on the exposed sections of the motorway network, may save a few blow overs in the process.

weeto:
They could build them on the exposed sections of the motorway network, may save a few blow overs in the process.

That would be called using not so common sense

Talking of odd structures near the M62, anyone know what the giant scaffold structure is south of J30 (Wakefield) ■■
Theres been several cranes onsite the last couple of weeks building it, but the glimpses Ive had of it, it seems not to be covering anything

peirre:
Talking of odd structures near the M62, anyone know what the giant scaffold structure is south of J30 (Wakefield) ■■
Theres been several cranes onsite the last couple of weeks building it, but the glimpses Ive had of it, it seems not to be covering anything

Is it scaffolding, or warehouse racking, pretty sure when I’d seen one being built they erected the racking, then built the building around it.
Think that one was coca colas new warehouse at jn 41 ind estate.

Not where the HV electric cables cross the motorway per chance ■■?

peirre:

I travel the 62 everyday and one day I thought , eh where has that come from lol they seem to have chucked it up in notime , seen an electric company in a helicopter near there at the pylons wonder if it was something to do with it , fist time I’ve seen helicopters near the power lines apart from on the documentary channels lol

I think they must be to stop the wind . You can see what looks like wind monitors on poles before and after the screens

peirre:

I’ve not seen it as I always go down there in the pitch dark, but it’s probably scaffolding with a net across the motorway for when they work on the power lines.

Talking of structures, what is that “thing” that is being built on the left just after J31 eastbound? The construction looks like Fort Knox, never seen such a huge amount of thick steel and concrete used in a modern build. :open_mouth:

weeto:

peirre:

Is it scaffolding, or warehouse racking, pretty sure when I’d seen one being built they erected the racking, then built the building around it.
Think that one was coca colas new warehouse at jn 41 ind estate.

When Walker’s crisps built the new extension on to their warehouse in Peterlee, they put the racks up first, then clad them to make the outer skin of the building. It’s a German technique that removes the need for all the structural steel.

Left hand down!:
Talking of structures, what is that “thing” that is being built on the left just after J31 eastbound? The construction looks like Fort Knox, never seen such a huge amount of thick steel and concrete used in a modern build. :open_mouth:

I was initially told it was going to be the new Haribo factory, though the more I look at it, the more it looks like an office development

peirre:

Left hand down!:

I was initially told it was going to be the new Haribo factory, though the more I look at it, the more it looks like an office development

I’ve heard it’s going to be the new haribo aswell , will have to wait and see

One of the contracts I works on as a driver is backhauling the Haribo stuff down to DHL Bawtry who distribute it onwards. I’d heard (hearsay) that they where intending to relocate but I’ve yet to get hard proof

What an absolute waste of good money!

The sooner were out of this EU, Brussels ■■■■ the better!

“Illigal limits of pollution” our contribution is jack ■■■■ compared with the likes of China, India, Brazil and the USA.