M62 - today's accident

Following a 7 vehicle crash near Milnrow (1 fatality, 10 injured) at 9.30 this morning, westbound is queued from Scammonden, eastbound is congested from the M66.
2 air ambulances have been used, what concerns me is that we don’t have ‘air fire and rescue’ appliances so once the hard shoulder becomes a full time running lane (as is being planned now) it will be a nightmare for anyone trapped as a result of a crash.

Doesn’t sound like a nice one,not that there ever is.

As for all lane running motorways was on the radio Saturday they are stopping making anymore all live lanes due to safety reasons as they have finally realised just how dangerous they are,came down the m6 Friday towards J10 traffic moving ok for dinner time,when a truck braked and swerved out into lane 2 had to do the same wobbly box with a puncture luckily had room to swerve out.

This is what MP think of hard shoulder running

thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars … lanes.html

I was interviewed by the tv news in the Avon lodge about hard shoulder running lane ,not seen my self on tv yet though !

Reading the news reports on the internet it sounded a shocking crash. A car been in a collision with an HGV and then gone stright through the central reservation and colided with another car and 2 hgv’s :neutral_face: Also a 24 year old woman was killed on the M61 when she hit the central reservation and was hit by an HGV when she got out to inspect the damage at 03:30 this morning.
It must have been total carnage around Lancashire and West Yorkshire today.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Reading the news reports on the internet it sounded a shocking crash. A car been in a collision with an HGV and then gone stright through the central reservation and colided with another car and 2 hgv’s :neutral_face: Also a 24 year old woman was killed on the M61 when she hit the central reservation and was hit by an HGV when she got out to inspect the damage at 03:30 this morning.
It must have been total carnage around Lancashire and West Yorkshire today.

being reported that the unfortunate young lady on the M61 was a special constable aged 24