M62 Smash

Bad smash involving 3 HGV’s W/B 23-22. Currently closed

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … B-MEN-main

EDIT: Picture removed.

I’m guessing the serious injuries were the driver of the Twisted Merc. Looks pretty bad. Hope they pull through.

How would the cab end up like that, sheard the mounts?

Another poor soul that never got home :frowning:

Actrosman:

Terrible, I was hoping the driver would have made it, but I see the latest update says driver died.

RIP Drive.

RIP Drive, looked one hell of a mess, but if there is any mercy hopefully he was dead before the accident.

Had a heart attack at the wheel according to latest reports.

RIP driver.

Very lucky it wasnt a few 100 hundred metres further down, could of ended up in the drink! Still, sad news about the driver who passed :frowning:

I happened to be less then 1/4 down the road when it happened.

spent more then 1 hour parked up, got my 45 into, before the police reopened the motorway to HGVs diverting cars and vans off on a farmers lane I guess under the motorwary.

Place was a mass, surprised they was reable to open the motorway so quickly

SEDriver:

Actrosman:

Terrible, I was hoping the driver would have made it, but I see the latest update says driver died.

RIP Drive.

Turning into another ■■■■ week again by the looks of things… Being taken ill though and dying at the wheel is nothing none of us can foresee

They are planning to close Huddersfield A and E and take emergencies to Halifax: yesterday the “recommended diversion” was off at J24 and down to Elland, then Sowerby Bridge.
Predictably the Elland bypass was congested solid for hours, so in a similar situation when Huddersfield A and E has closed more air ambulances will be needed if serious casualties aren’t going to die in transit.

Buckstones:
They are planning to close Huddersfield A and E and take emergencies to Halifax: yesterday the “recommended diversion” was off at J24 and down to Elland, then Sowerby Bridge.
Predictably the Elland bypass was congested solid for hours, so in a similar situation when Huddersfield A and E has closed more air ambulances will be needed if serious casualties aren’t going to die in transit.

RIP Driver

I heard they are going to perhaps demolish Hudds A and E and also make improvements to the A629 ( I think it is) as there is usually a bottleneck coming approaching Salterhebble with drivers going nowhere fast.

SOME OF THE DRIVERS i see daily are heart ATTacks waiting to happen FAT OBESE SLOBS no need for it in this day and age , should be pulled at medical and given fitness test like firemen coppers etc etc double cheeseburger anyone :blush:

Goldilox:

Buckstones:

RIP Driver

I heard they are going to perhaps demolish Hudds A and E and also make improvements to the A629 ( I think it is) as there is usually a bottleneck coming approaching Salterhebble with drivers going nowhere fast.

Past experience suggests they will demolish first and then, maybe, think about road improvements. And then say they can’t afford the road improvements. Too many decisions are taken by unelected bean-counters with no common sense or care for anyone but themselves.

del trotter:
RIP Drive, looked one hell of a mess, but if there is any mercy hopefully he was dead before the accident.

WHAT about the others :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

topmixer11:
SOME OF THE DRIVERS i see daily are heart ATTacks waiting to happen FAT OBESE SLOBS no need for it in this day and age , should be pulled at medical and given fitness test like firemen coppers etc etc double cheeseburger anyone :blush:

Some are absolute gobsh1tes as well who chat spuds.
RIP Driver