M62 shut again

Shut j21 to 22.
God knows what’s happening there.
Be about 3 rd time been shut in a week

Jumper on Windy Hill [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Bit hot for a jumper isn’t it lol

Can’t see it being a jumper as traffic reports saying shut east bound. So guess west is open. Which it is then can’t be jumper as usually close it both directions

GM cops quoted in local paper it was a jumper, taken away for treatment etc.
Must have been on the Pennine Way footbridge west of J22, not Scammonden bridge, which they are working on for higher fences, I think.

It was a woman on the wrong side of the fence, on the first bridge after J21 east, the one if you look left, you can see the lake with sailing yachts on.

I saw her and a copper trying to talk her back over as I was heading west.

Ken.

Quinny:
It was a woman on the wrong side of the fence, on the first bridge after J21 east, the one if you look left, you can see the lake with sailing yachts on.

I saw her and a copper trying to talk her back over as I was heading west.

Ken.

Was that the Rakewoood Viaduct, she must have walked some way along the hard shoulder to get there or from the fields either side.

It’s shut both ways 24 to 22 and vice versa next week mon-fri from 2000hrs if your unfortunate enough to work nights like me,not sure what diversion they’ll set up but it won’t be great :unamused:

Yorkielad:
It’s shut both ways 24 to 22 and vice versa next week mon-fri from 2000hrs if your unfortunate enough to work nights like me,not sure what diversion they’ll set up but it won’t be great :unamused:

And Woodhead Pass shut as well, who thinks up these things?

stuwozere1:

Yorkielad:

Wood head is open think shuts weekends. But is like 3 sets of roadworks traffic lights along the way

Going by the signs the A50 is going to be shut all next week overnight in various places for anyone thinking of using that as an alternative (where applicable).

Could get interesting if any other bit of the M62 gets shut like this one especially close to the end of the diversions. Going to be fun next week.

stuwozere1:

Yorkielad:

Some office bod who will be nicely tucked up in bed when the carnage they’ve created is happening. They couldn’t give a toss about trucks having to take diversions and adding lots of time and inconvenience so they can resurface the road for the twelfth time

Trucking sideways:
… so they can resurface the road for the twelfth time

Sounds like the same bods in charge of the A38 in Derbyshire which must have the newest surface if any road in Britain, its been done that many times (mostly badly).

Going by last time that bit of the M62 was shut it’ll be carnage through the villages like Rishworth. I assume if its shut both ways, it must be to do with the bridge again although no idea why they need to close the road under it.

Always wondered if there’s a crane tall enough to reach that bridge from the M62 incase of work like they are doing.