M62 Rochdale roadworks due to end tonight!

They were supposed to end last night, apparently, but fog prevented it. Ten miles of 50mph to go. Thank duck for that!
Feels like it’s been going on for ten years!

Shandy123:
They were supposed to end last night, apparently, but fog prevented it. Ten miles of 50mph to go. Thank duck for that!
Feels like it’s been going on for ten years!

Between which junctions are/were actually open?

I was on the westbound carriageway last night and the road was like the surface of the moon between 20 and 18. If it’s anything like the M1 section, prepare for another two years of lane closures whilst they finish it off.

And the next ten miles will begin 2nd Jan, merry christmas! :laughing:

Some major resurfacing to be done overnight then, the eastbound side had that many potholes in today i thought i was in Scotland

ezydriver:
And the next ten miles will begin 2nd Jan, merry christmas! :laughing:

Heh-heh reminds me of the M1 J16-Catthorpe.

Happy Xmas everyone, we’ve finished and we’re lifting the roadworks

…oh and BTW we’re starting an 18 month upgrade to Smart Motorway in March.

Captain Caveman 76:
I was on the westbound carriageway last night and the road was like the surface of the moon between 20 and 18. If it’s anything like the M1 section, prepare for another two years of lane closures whilst they finish it off.

The M6 between 16 -19 is like that both ways
I hit a pothole and it took the steering wheel out my hands for a second or two [emoji44]

Wouldn’t know what the surface was like from J18-20 cos working nights its been shut for ages. :grimacing:

Finished my arse! Closed tonight westbound between 18 and 19. Five ■■■■■■■ years to paint some white ■■■■■■■ lines and it still isn’t ■■■■■■■ long enough. ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■■ useless ■■■■■.