M62/M18

Dont know what happened but there was one went down the embankment next to the river and set on fire, didnt look good they way the ambulances where still parked there over an hour after it happened

Some photos on twitter. looks like a bulker.But looking at that photo i would say 2 vehicles ■■?

twitter.com/HumberbeatRoads/sta … 04/photo/1

aye , looks like too many sets of wheels, you had to fear the worst when i saw the angle he went down at and the size of the flames, ■■■■ lucky to stop just short of the canal as well

looks like the whole chassis was ripped from underneath the cab ■■?

One less Axor on our roads:grin::grin:

Could be one less driver on the road looking at that,will that make you grin or perhaps wet yourself laughing?

Wing and a prayer:
looks like the whole chassis was ripped from underneath the cab ■■?

Correct and it was a curtainsider it was pulling, looks like ceva colours
Hope the driver made it out alive

Looks like all ok :slight_smile:

Humber Roads Police ‏@HumberbeatRoads 3m
Update…the driver of the lorry involved in the ‘spectacular’ RTC yesterday is OK. He suffered relatively minor injuries. #1288

Wing and a prayer:
Looks like all ok :slight_smile:

Humber Roads Police ‏@HumberbeatRoads 3m
Update…the driver of the lorry involved in the ‘spectacular’ RTC yesterday is OK. He suffered relatively minor injuries. #1288

And rather messy undercrackers aswell I should think. Good to hear drivers ok though.

Glad the driver got out ok, he was certainly being watched over that day. It only looks like one vehicle, but the unit chassis is wedged under the trailer, and ripped or pushed the cab off of the chassis.

truckyboy:
Glad the driver got out ok, he was certainly being watched over that day. It only looks like one vehicle, but the unit chassis is wedged under the trailer, and ripped or pushed the cab off of the chassis.

Would that’ve caused the fire? Fuel tanks ripped off etc? Very rare for a lorry to catch fire after a crash. Even to suffer just the injuries he did, the driver was lucky not’ve been burned.

looks like he was empty which probably saved him, well apart from the fireman inside his trailer :open_mouth:

Glad the drivers OK, serious lack of load restraints on the fireman in the trailer though…

Just been on local BBC Evening News.

It was carrying a load of fertiliser. Apparently the driver had a blowout which caused him to lose control and end up going down the embankment. The trailer then set on fire.

The driver, aged 61, was airlifted to Leeds with cuts and bruises and a dislocated shoulder.

Muckaway:
Would that’ve caused the fire? Fuel tanks ripped off etc? Very rare for a lorry to catch fire after a crash. Even to suffer just the injuries he did, the driver was lucky not’ve been burned.

Hot brakes on the grass most likely.

was going to say fertiliser, there was a dozen or so bags still laid on the grass verge when i went past this morning,

Fertilizer burns like the clappers! remember back in my farming days, we had a letter from the police saying that if we ever had any of the stuff go missing, then we were to contact the Anti-Terrorist hotline! It then said at the bottom of the page that it wasn’t 24 hour, but messages could be left!
Glad the driver was ok though. Def a ceva wagon.