M62, J22 - 24 both directions closed this weekend at night

The M62 will be closed in both directions between J22 & J24 during the nights from 8pm - 6am for overhead electrical power line work.
Further info here. M62 will be shut in both directions for two nights this weekend - Manchester Evening News

Is the closure from 18-20 still in place also?

Swordsy:

Sorry mate, I’ve no idea, I’m retired now. It’s that I remember that there is a low bridge on the diversion route between J22 & J24 so it’ll be a bugger for you tall guys. (I’ll see if I can find out just what the max height is).

Just checked Google maps, the only bridge that I can find is in Sowerby bridge at 16’3"

I’m trying to find out about J18 - J20, if there is any closures intended.

OK guys, from what I can find out, the usual closure J18 - J20 M62 will be on to night, Friday, possibly both directions, but this is not scheduled to be on over the Saturday or Sunday, so it should just be the one over the tops That’s unless someone decides to spread bits of themselves and their vehicles across the c/ways.

Swordsy:

It is but only weekdays. Think it’s until 28th of July

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Its usually closed on a Friday though, so will be a pain if its closed there and 22-24. Think I might just go the back way on M65 via Shipley and come back on at Bradford!

Swordsy:
Its usually closed on a Friday though, so will be a pain if its closed there and 22-24. Think I might just go the back way on M65 via Shipley and come back on at Bradford!

I’ve looked at that as route before, but isn’t there a low bridge?

There is one turn, where its signed saying avoiding low bridge…its a right turn if i remember correctly, left goes to the low bridge. My copilot truck reminds me to turn right! I did it a few weeks ago pulling a 15’10 decker and had no problems on the route.

Im travelling from Blackpool to Wakefield, and taking the M65 off the M61 adds on maybe 25 minutes to the whole journey time. I think this diversion tonight is going to be mayhem, so Im inclined to avoid the lot and go the back way!