M62 closures/delays

truck hit the barrier at Scammonden this afternoon

examiner.co.uk/news/local-we … -32907260/

I was sat behind that for 4 hrs today from 15.00 - 19.00, set off after it was cleared, drove a mile and the offside trailer tyre blew out so I’m still here now! Out of hrs at 21.00 so will be a night out at Middleton! (I live in Stockport) the wife’s well chuffed!!!

From that picture would I be stupid to suggest the truck should just have been left there and be recovered once the rush hour traffic has died down?

He hit the central reservation which is one of those wire ones, which got tangled up in his wheels, causing him to swerve over and hit the left hand barrier, taking a few cars out with him, or that’s the story that filtered through the traffic jam, but could be Chinese wispers!! I’m just about to have my tyre changed now! Think I’ve hit some remaining debris from the crash which has give me a puncture, what’s the ruling on me driving off once 21.00 comes I’ve done 15 hrs today (I’m 35 mins from base)

Luke, me personally would just get home got two reasons why you have had to go over

mark h:
Luke, me personally would just get home got two reasons why you have had to go over

I agree, if you’re not a persistent breaker of the hour limits and Vosa wont find loads of infringements on your card, I would run it too. Just do a printout at the end of your shift and explain on the back what has happened. Don’t forget they can check up on your story, with the police.

Print out and write on the back the reason, the delay can always be traced by Police then.

Luke222:
He hit the central reservation which is one of those wire ones, which got tangled up in his wheels, causing him to swerve over and hit the left hand barrier, taking a few cars out with him, or that’s the story that filtered through the traffic jam, but could be Chinese wispers!! I’m just about to have my tyre changed now! Think I’ve hit some remaining debris from the crash which has give me a puncture, what’s the ruling on me driving off once 21.00 comes I’ve done 15 hrs today (I’m 35 mins from base)

luke write on the back of the card accident and puncture and pedal home pal :wink: and i will see you over there at some point next week :wink:

The police close motorways far to long in this country.
Once the emergancy services have done their jobs why dont they just pull the damaged vehicles onto the hard shoulder and get the traffic moving again■■?

Just to make you feel a bit worse Luke I had the easiest run over the M62 ever yesterday morning .
Left Harrogate 0700 ,A1,M1,M62 a bit of M60 to J14 E lancs to Leigh arrive 0855 .
No queuing even in roadworks ,couldn’t believe my luck !
Machine loaded in no time cup of tea and away same trip back. But enough about me, did you manage to Get home Luke.
Jim

Expert drivers :open_mouth: write on the back of card :unamused: birch services is your limit Luke! :sunglasses: ENDEX :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: that’s transport, park up :smiley:

Got caught up on my way home at 6 pm on my to Brighouse, felt sorry for the Yearsley driver stuck on Chainbar with a locked up o/s/r trailer wheel, couldn’t do anything as I didn’t have any spannery things with me, other than suggest dragging it to the layby on the Hx road at the risk of knackering the tyre.

no didnt get home!! rang the boss and he told me to park it and run bk today, so i did as i was told!!