M62 Burtonwood

Evening chaps and chapeses.

Went past the old airbase at Burtonwood and those new distribution depots are flying up.
I know that Hermes and Brakes are already on the site but what’s the mahoooosive one that’s next to them ?

There’s another one on the opposite side that’s looking all lonely all by itself, think that was going to be the site for the new prison but that didn’t get the go ahead.

Anyway have a nice weekend and enjoy :stuck_out_tongue:

Travis Perkins is next to Hermes and Brakes, Asda across the road.

Cheers lankyphil,
I’d of thought asda would of been the big one !!
Didn’t really think Travis Perkins would need such a big depot.

What about the 62 at whitwood/normanton

Asda are moving Wigan and Warrington into the new one but I must admit I thought there’s would be bigger

Trucker Ed:
Asda are moving Wigan and Warrington into the new one but I must admit I thought there’s would be bigger

Yes that’s what I was thinking to be honest, the asda one doesn’t look big enough really.

Smoggie89:

I was told that is going to be a new haribo factory?

I just dread how long I will be kept at that one when it opens Wigan is not too bad but Warrington one is ridiculous

The gas man:

Trucker Ed:

Yes that’s what I was thinking to be honest, the asda one doesn’t look big enough really.

I must be seeing different cause to me it’s huge. It dwarfs our place opposite.

sweepster:

The gas man:

Trucker Ed:

I must be seeing different cause to me it’s huge. It dwarfs our place opposite.

The massive new Asda depot is in Rochdale, the one at Burtonwood is just a secondary warehouse :smiley:

Going to be a huge place altogether, hopefully these pics will work:

it’s still huge compared to the Mail centre. The one across the 62 to the left is even bigger, the structure is up now. Any idea who’s got that? Just checked your diagram… Travis Perkins.

mbax81:

Smoggie89:

I was told that is going to be a new haribo factory?

I too was told it was going to be Haribo, but looking at the slipform structure it looks more like office accommodation going up, with lift shafts etc.
DHL do the transport and warehousing, so next time Im in at Haribo for a backload Ill ask

Are they shutting pontefract down then or just need more space

I`m guessing its space, the loading bays at Pontefract are a nightmare, with local traffic and cops running up/down the hill. Turning around with a full load can be fun, running up the road, backing it down the hill besides the cop shop then swinging it around to head out the way you come in.
A couple of guys got tickets for parking on the road waiting for bays, now we have to phone the office before we run to site.
DHL have eased the problem by shuttling trailers from Haribo into the DHL whitwood yard, so we can drop/swop

Yeah I’ve been there a few times usually the bay nearest the goods in right on the slope lol.

Regarding the Omega project, the following link sheds light on what they have planned, think there’s a navigation tab at the top.

omegaopportunity.com/project-update/

Is a lot of the warehousing etc going on to preemp the demand for the Liverpool docks improvements

liverpool2.com/about-us/22-about-us

It may see a big shift in logistic supplies and transportation etc

I do believe there’s rumours of the Manchester ship canal being redeveloped too but I think it’s being met with opposition with residents living near the swing bridges. Would be interesting to see how it all unfolds over the next few years, should be more job opportunities for sure.