M62 Birchwood (nr Warrington)

Does anyone else have the mis-fortune of using this stretch of motorway regularly? :frowning:

The road surface is that bad you have to hang on to everything in your cab or else it gets flung all over the place :astonished: and then you almost end up getting bounced through the sunroof! :open_mouth: :angry:

ha ha know exactly what your talking about used to travel up and down there about 5 times a day i used to have to stand up out of my seat where the road was uneven, mind you the air suspension seat was shot and i had a block of wood wedged in there :laughing:

If its the stretch that i am thinking of it is due to all the mining work that went on

overdrive:
ha ha know exactly what your talking about used to travel up and down there about 5 times a day i used to have to stand up out of my seat where the road was uneven, mind you the air suspension seat was shot and i had a block of wood wedged in there :laughing:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: yep thats the one!

Since last winter, a few trenches have appeared on Clayton Rd, off that junction. No wonder a few parcels are delivered a bit out of shape!

Hiya …is that the bit of road nr swindles warehouse■■? that has been repaired stacks of times to my knowlage
that bump must have been there since the 70,s i have,nt been across that way for 8 years and it was a
rolla coaster ride then. their was a coalmine (IICR bold) there was also a powerstation there in the late 70s
with the same name i think there was some rich family who owened everything in that area and Bold was their
name. I used to do slack and flyash from that area in the early 80,s with a 8 legger man tipper.
John

Is it worse than the aberford by pass (A1M), thats bouncy coming northbound.

The quality of our roads is dismal more often than not.

Subsidance due to the mining that went on, been like that for years,
Not the best when I used to tackle it in a Eurocargo, thought the chassis was trying to breach my bumhole.

B1 GGK:
Not the best when I used to tackle it in a Eurocargo, thought the chassis was trying to breach my bumhole.

:laughing:

Went over it again yesterday, needless to say I had to re-position all my paraphernalia when I got to my tip point :unamused: :confused:

redbob:

B1 GGK:

:laughing:

Went over it again yesterday, needless to say I had to re-position all my paraphernalia when I got to my tip point :unamused: :confused:

Lived in Warrington all my life and i think you,ll find its due to mining from what was Parkside and Bold mines. Also at one time there was a runway for the USAF Burtonwood not sure but i think it might have been longest runway in the UK, i worked for Great Bear and we had the old Hangers that where there.I have moved to Calgary and since i believe that the hangers have been knocked down since i left in 2007

Yes, the hangers are long gone. So are the taxiways too. There’s absolutely nothing left to suggest Burtonwood even existed there now. :frowning:

Worst bit of the 62 is from the M60 to the M6 :open_mouth: . You can get airborne over some of those humps. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The whole [zb] lot needs skimming and repaving. :angry:

RJP001:
Yes, the hangers are long gone. So are the taxiways too. There’s absolutely nothing left to suggest Burtonwood even existed there now. :frowning:

Yes so i believe it only seams yesterday we had one of those hangers full of soap powder as well as our depot in Earlstown i might not remember the place if i came back eh

arrrrh i know the stretch well i remember going along that stretch regular with my stepdad on our way home to bolton ( in a transcon aswell :open_mouth: )from ferrymasters when they were at risley , we made sure the windows were shut just incase we got thrown out … its always been the same …

bowser:
arrrrh i know the stretch well i remember going along that stretch regular with my stepdad on our way home to bolton ( in a transcon aswell :open_mouth: )from ferrymasters when they were at risley , we made sure the windows were shut just incase we got thrown out … its always been the same …

It happens!

OP, have you thought of slowing down a bit?