M61 MSA

The last time I called on the M61 MSA must be over 12 months ago,and it was an awfull looking place with a parking area like an off road circuit and not open at night.
I was n/b this morning and I noticed the place all lit up so I called in on my way back s/b.
Wow,all completely new,buildings and a newly laid parking area.

paid for out of the insurance after the fire a while back

All new nice and shiny, £10.00 to park no meal voucher, £5.00 for a shower.

£2 meal deal in the Subway and a free to use ATM, does anyone remember the discounted drivers cafe on the Manchester side?

W

Those buildings were probably built at the same time as the M61, or soon after, 1969 - 70. So were well due an upgrade. I’ve called n/b for a pee a few times over the past few years, the place was in a disgusting state, not far off derelict.

Lots of MSA’s used to have a seperate, cheaper, drivers restaurant didn’t they?
At Forton, (Lancaster South) - the Mushroom cafe as it was called, the drivers restaurant used to be at the top of the tower.

Ah yes, I remember the Forton one.

I’ve just remembered the one at Charnock Richard too. I had to hitch once because my bike broke down in Oxford. The O/D with an old Borderer grain bulker who had got me that far went in there to get me an onward lift…

Next stop home. Happy memories.

W

Was Northbound on the 61 in the car yesterday so called in for a nosey.

Must say I was very impressed. A nice, clean, modern set up. A lot of money spent.
Unfortunately didn’t have a camera with me.
Owned by Eurogarages, as I believe the site has been for some time.
They own the Shell garage near my home. They are a - now how can I put this politely? - not of cuacasion origin Co.

BP branded fuel station. Large Spar shop (lots of CCTV cameras!), Starbucks , Burger King, & Subway.
Toilets to the right as you walk in the shop from the front.

Plenty of DERV pumps. Only 7 truck parking spaces near the building, but further on the old, large, pot holed park is available.

Overnight parking with meal voucher: £19.99 Without voucher £14.99 Shower £1.99

Not sure where you got your prices from Mavrick? Above read off the till screen when asked.

Also they are Key fuels now aswell.

Seems we’re back to the Rivington name again.

So lets see, that’s: Anderton - Rivington - Bolton west - back to Rivington.

Maybe it keeps moving to different places during the night?

eurogarages.com/news/newly-o … velopment/

I’ve never heard of Euro Garages , who are/were they ?
They have just built another garage (BP) off junction 5 of the M65 heading towards Blackburn with HGV pumps, AdBlue pumps, shop and a Subway (I think) but can’t remember if there is any parking.

It says ERF not RAF:
They have just built another garage (BP) off junction 5 of the M65 heading towards Blackburn with HGV pumps, AdBlue pumps, shop and a Subway (I think) but can’t remember if there is any parking.

You would have found this in the link above if you looked.

eurogarages.com/about-euro-garages/

Driveroneuk:

It says ERF not RAF:

You would have found this in the link above if you looked.

eurogarages.com/about-euro-garages/

Yeah, I checked that out but it just gives you the usual corporate nonsense, I was just curious as to where they have sprouted up from as they seem to have just ‘walked into town’ ?

Driveroneuk:
Seems we’re back to the Rivington name again.

So lets see, that’s: Anderton - Rivington - Bolton west - back to Rivington.

Maybe it keeps moving to different places during the night?

eurogarages.com/news/newly-o … velopment/

Thats because they built it near Junction 7 on the M61…

mavrick:

They charge you for parking, and then they still charge you for a shower? :S

Stopped at Ross Eurogarages the other week, shower was in with the parking, just had to get the receipt signed to say I has used the shower .

Called at Rivington 9.45a.m today went to Burger King counter guy says sorry don’t open for another hour what use is that?

mavrick:

£5.00 for a shower? are you sure? MSA’s can’t charge for showers.
does anyone use them?