M61 crash

M61 lorry crash: Man arrested after motorway closed
Junction 5 of the M61 The crash happened on the northbound carriageway near Junction 5

A man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after a crash involving a lorry closed part of the M61 in Greater Manchester.

The lorry veered off the northbound carriageway near Junction 5 of the motorway and down an embankment at about 05:10 BST.

Greater Manchester Police said debris left on the road had damaged other cars but no-one had been injured.

The 43-year-old, who police said failed a breath test, remains in custody.

The northbound carriageway has been closed between Junction 5 and 6, with a diversion expected to be in place for several hours.

The third lane of the southbound carriageway has also been closed while the road is cleared and a police investigation takes place.

Driver failed a breath test apparently.

theboltonnews.co.uk/news/111 … ?ref=var_0

Another proud moment for our industry… thousands of people delayed by hours this morning.

There must be a mistake.Lorry drivers are never guilty on this forum.It really must have been someone else’s fault.

What a ■■■■■■■ knob! Mind you hopefully nobody with an ounce of brain matter will employ him to drive their trucks once he has served his ban/sentence.
Before anyone comes on here slating me saying I’m on my high horse, the fella must still be pretty ■■■■■■ or even drinking on the job to go through the central reservation and down a banking. That’s not caused buy having a casual few pints on a Sunday afternoon then going home and getting a good nights kip.
It could’ve been a whole lot worse and the arsewipe is lucky he’s not looking at a death by dangerous driving or manslaughter charge on top of the drink driving charge :unamused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
What a [zb] knob! Mind you hopefully nobody with an ounce of brain matter will employ him to drive their trucks once he has served his ban/sentence.
Before anyone comes on here slating me saying I’m on my high horse, the fella must still be pretty ■■■■■■ or even drinking on the job to go through the central reservation and down a banking. That’s not caused buy having a casual few pints on a Sunday afternoon then going home and getting a good nights kip.
It could’ve been a whole lot worse and the arsewipe is lucky he’s not looking at a death by dangerous driving or manslaughter charge on top of the drink driving charge :unamused:

100% agree I just hope he passes the proper test back at the station and it turns out to be a fulse positive on the handheld but I think its unlikely

albion1971:
There must be a mistake.Lorry drivers are never guilty on this forum.It really must have been someone else’s fault.

Car driver caused it, case closed…#CSITNUK

I bet he was a half Polish half Latvian alcoholic agency driver related to Jimmy Saville

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
What a [zb] knob! Mind you hopefully nobody with an ounce of brain matter will employ him to drive their trucks once he has served his ban/sentence.

It’s only a bit further up the road from the spot that drunk Aldi driver went through the central reservation 8 years ago & killed someone. He got 4 years. Thankfully nobody killed this time.

Its time every motor was fitted with these alcohol sensors it would stop fools like this before they caused any damage to life or limb. Eddie.

midlifetrucker:
I bet he was a half Polish half Latvian alcoholic agency driver related to Jimmy Saville

wrong it could only have been a stobart tipper driver cycling home the wrong way along the hard shoulder