M602 and M56 to get upgraded

So before the even finish the m60/m62 updrade to smart motorways, Highways Agency announced yesterday that the 602 and 56 will get the same treatment starting next year.

highwaysengland.co.uk/projects/ … -motorway/

there doesn’t seem to be a page for the m602… ODD!

God ■■■■■■■ help up us when they start to do it around stockport

It’s odds on once they finally finish there decide to.dp Stockport stretch as well…
I wouldt bet either m5 works where you leave m6 oldbury bridge repairs. Once done there prob do.the opposite carriage way

It’s bad enough now without roadworks on the 602. As for the 56, more joy. They’ve put up average speed cameras on the 62 between the 602 and the 6.

Wherever I go, it’s going to be non stop fun.

602 wont take long. I imagine it will be the same deal as the 60, hard shoulder retained.

M62 J10-J12 and M6 21a - 26 os starting in the near future too, the cameras are already up on the 62. They are both having the hard shoulder binned & going to ‘all lane running’.

No end to the cones.

I know it’s the other end of the country, but a 32 mile stretch of the M4 is being upgraded from j3 Heathrow to j12 Reading soon - to be completed in 2022.

I have vauge memories og the m56 about 6 7 years ago they tried to upgrade change layout around the airport. Made congestion even worse so they changed it back months later.

They really need to sort out Sharston interchange though… where m56 m60 meet. I live around there. And past 2 years or so the rush hour traffic just seems to be a night mare. All the traffic trying get onto the m60 Stockport bound.
God knows what they could do. Maybe get rid stupid traffic lights at end of slip road be a start

Don’t know why they don’t simply tarmac the whole jeffing country. Too many people, too many 2,3,4 car families.

The new link from Manchester Airport to A6 High Lane is supposed to ease some of the congestion at Sharston, but that’s already 12 months late.

Also talk of Stockport bypass from Jcn 25 M60 to link up with A6 at High Lane/Hazel grove, but don’t hold your breath, this has been on and off since the 1970’s.

Same as gossip mottram moor bypass . Will never happen

rob22888:
No end to the cones.

AFIAK from j1 to j19 m6 there is a small section around 10-13 ish that has NO cones. the rest has cones. not sure about north of a556 turn off, dont go that way anymore.

edd1974:
They really need to sort out Sharston interchange though… where m56 m60 meet. I live around there. And past 2 years or so the rush hour traffic just seems to be a night mare. All the traffic trying get onto the m60 Stockport bound.
God knows what they could do. Maybe get rid stupid traffic lights at end of slip road be a start

Dont think they can do anything with it, as it runs pretty much next to a railway and you have the housing oneside and sharston the other, its a bottleneck and will be till the end of time,. But that gets me is, in the morning its busy going towards stockport, afternoon rush hour, its also busy going towards stockport and 90% of the time never busy going from stockport towards the airport, so what happens to those commuters that hog the bypass in the morning, but never in the evening?

Also I 'd like to point out, with my many years working out the airport, during the 6week holidays for the kids, the bypass is always emptyish. So thats food for thought too

tommymanc:
its also busy going towards stockport and 90% of the time never busy going from stockport towards the airport, so what happens to those commuters that hog the bypass in the morning, but never in the evening?

That’s obvious, they just use the tunnel :question: :exclamation:

edd1974:

Must have been plans somewhere, and someone sometime in the past thought ahead.

google.co.uk/maps/@53.45488 … a=!3m1!1e3

check out those ski slopes at the end of the m67.

Bigger kick in the nuts, those 3 tunnels which 2 are still used for power cables going though the peak district

tommymanc:

edd1974:

Must have been plans somewhere, and someone sometime in the past thought ahead.

google.co.uk/maps/@53.45488 … a=!3m1!1e3

check out those ski slopes at the end of the m67.

Bigger kick in the nuts, those 3 tunnels which 2 are still used for power cables going though the peak district

only one tunnel in use by the national grid now and thats the newer twinbore 1950s tunnel they bought it off network rail and upgraded it all. the two narrow singlebore tunnels are used as service access tunnels now iirc

One of the reasons the M56/M60 around Stockport has been busy for the last three years+ is the roadworks from Jcn 9 to Jcn 18 on the M60.

I would hate to be that kid in the posters that say ‘My Daddy/Mummy works here, please drive carefully’. The poor bugger must be home alone all the chuffin time with the amount of miles they have to cover.

Dipper_Dave:
I would hate to be that kid in the posters that say ‘My Daddy/Mummy works here, please drive carefully’. The poor bugger must be home alone all the chuffin time with the amount of miles they have to cover.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
for years now,ive been waiting for the social services to put up similar signs in the rel light areas of uk cities,but sofar theyve never appeared… :frowning: