M60 to close over weekend

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma … r-20186917

Bryan Diggins, project director.

That’s a great name.

This seems to be the way of doing things now, they done it at j7 of the m56 when they noticed that bridge was about to collapse…They build the bridge next to were it is going then crane it into place, very clever these engineers :smiley:

I can confirm that the M60 is now closed in both directions between J5 and J8. This will be closed until approx 10pm Sunday night if all goes well.
The next part of this will be across the M56 sometime in the near future, and this will close that between J5 - J2 (I believe)

Well they certainly did the business lifting that bridge in, the closure was supposed to be on until approx 2200hrs on Sunday, they were in the middle of opening it all up as I started my shift at 2pm, and it was all reopened both ways before 3pm

The next bridge to be erected over a motorway will be close to J3 on the M56, on the 24th - 25th November. It will be closed in both directions between J2 and J5, and also from Princess Parkway (A5103)

I’ve found the info on just what will be closed, and the diversion plan here.

http://www.tfgm.com/motorwaybridge/Documents/M56-closure-map.pdf

And, all this is for the damned Metrolink that nobody even bloody wants?

They’ve caused mayhem near me with it, from Manchester to Ashton Under Lyne, and it’s took them forever. :imp:

Ah! you’ll all like it when you use it to go to the airport for your package holiday to the sun hahaha! :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

The real Biffo:
Ah! you’ll all like it when you use it to go to the airport for your package holiday to the sun hahaha! :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m a truck driver, we can’t afford holidays :wink:

waynedl:

The real Biffo:

I’m a truck driver, we can’t afford holidays :wink:

+2