M60 smart motorway

as above shows speed camera signs but cant see any cameras hence whilst driving to work everybodys doing 80 mph the signs are 50

should add roadworks

You might not see the cameras.As they are well concealed and painted the same colour as the Gantry.The ones on the m25 seem to be catching a few out.

the average speed cameras for the road works arent up yet although i,ve seen a camera van parked on random bridges through the 50mph limit on a couple of occasions in the last few weeks

ill have to keep a eyeout for them when its dark in the morning thanks

Nozza:
As they are well concealed and painted the same colour as the Gantry.

Pretty sure speed cameras have to be highly visible, like the roadside ones are bright yellow.

Kaistar:

Nozza:
As they are well concealed and painted the same colour as the Gantry.

Pretty sure speed cameras have to be highly visible, like the roadside ones are bright yellow.

not now they dont they retracted that 1 quietly a few years ago so my police friend told me

there are a couple of the large white scamera vans parking on over bridges at random (mainly around birch tho ) most days but be aware that there are three silver VW caddys running around filming on the move so be carefull out there ?

Latique:
there are a couple of the large white scamera vans parking on over bridges at random (mainly around birch tho ) most days but be aware that there are three silver VW caddys running around filming on the move so be carefull out there ?

in the night or days

I commute on this stretch of the M60 everyday, new flashing signs just been put up warning of speed cameras. To be honest I think it’s just a ploy to try and scare more people into actually obeying the limit, as 90% aren’t. So far it seems to be working, most people are certainly being a lot more cautious doing 60ish rather than just bombing through at 70/80. That should suffice in my opinion, no need for 50 to be strictly enforced until we’ve got narrow lanes etc. Haven’t seen any cameras myself & I do watch out for them.

Usually the camera’s are at the back of the overhead signs, if there is the small white lines going across the middle of the lane, then there is probably camera’s above the lane.

We have them here in Fife on the M90 between Rosyth and Dunfermline, can only see them from the other side or the road.

Nozza:
**You might not see the cameras.As they are well concealed and painted the same colour as the Gantry.**The ones on the m25 seem to be catching a few out.

:unamused: Don’t talk [zb] please. As mentioned by others, the fixed speed cameras have not been installed yet but mobile units are in operation from time to time.

The cameras are on the grass verges disguised as ducks and there is a fella on the bridge pretending to be reading a newspaper, but it has holes in it(VOSA). Fact-- be careful.

Left hand down!:

Nozza:
**You might not see the cameras.As they are well concealed and painted the same colour as the Gantry.**The ones on the m25 seem to be catching a few out.

:unamused: Don’t talk [zb] please. As mentioned by others, the fixed speed cameras have not been installed yet but mobile units are in operation from time to time.

tbf i dont think he realised it was roadworks speed cameras being discussed, i think he thought it was motorway speed cameras in general , and as he rightly points out these are in fact usually concealed on the gantry above the motorway , at least i think thats the way it was going :laughing:

chaversdad:

Left hand down!:

Nozza:

tbf i dont think he realised it was roadworks speed cameras being discussed, i think he thought it was motorway speed cameras in general , and as he rightly points out these are in fact usually concealed on the gantry above the motorway , at least i think thats the way it was going :laughing:

Yeah thanks for that.I coul’nt be bothered to reply to be honest.lol.But that is what I thought was being discussed. Should of read it properly first.

Boris1971:
The cameras are on the grass verges disguised as ducks and there is a fella on the bridge pretending to be reading a newspaper, but it has holes in it(VOSA). Fact-- be careful.

What the ■■■■ is VOSA?

Nozza:

chaversdad:

Left hand down!:

Nozza:

Yeah thanks for that.I coul’nt be bothered to reply to be honest.lol.But that is what I thought was being discussed. Should of read it properly first.

OK np, I’ll let you off this time! :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Left hand down!:

Nozza:

chaversdad:

Left hand down!:

Nozza:

OK np, I’ll let you off this time! :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Thank you.:smiley:

There are four of the new active cameras on the top of the gantry just after jn 17 west bound at the top of the hill and four on the east bound gantry in the bottom of the dip just after jn 16 .also cameras on the embankments both side on the west side of Birch services but nut sure if they are traffic or speed cameras.

The SPECS speed cameras have been installed over the past week and a bit so it’s fair to say they’ll be working soon (if not already) so keep an eye on your speed chaps.