M60 Denton Island - from anti-clockwise towards M67

Since there’s another thread about bad road planning, I’d like to throw this into the mixture.

It’s exactly the same, common sense planning and a slight alteration of the road markings would make this a much smoother and safer junction, but if you use the lanes as designed and painted, you’ll almost always end up having a confrontation with vehicles that use the incorrect lane.

Last week, coming back in my car, I use the correct lane, and KNOW I’m going to get cut up, no probs, I make allowances for it, until a truck behind the vehicle that’s cut me up decides he’s going to shove me out of the lane too. No probs, evasive action, no contact, a blast of the horn to let him know he’s in the wrong and all is good… So I thought.
Next thing, he’s leaning out of his window giving ME abuse, so that’s it, my stack blows, I’m out of the car chasing this ■■■■ down the road ready to rip the ■■■■ heads head off.
Back in the car, no trouble catching him, round him on the motorway, back in front of him, ease off slowly, waits for him to get next to me, phone number on side, phone’s his boss, gives the registration number and let’s them know that it’s unacceptable what he’s done and the police will be notified too (they weren’t obviously).

Now, had this guy drove correctly, this wouldn’t have happened, as I expect vehicles in the wrong lane there, no damage done, but what blew my stack was the abuse off this arrogant git when he’s in the wrong, he almost destroys my car and could’ve caused major accident if say a bike was up my arse at the time or whatever, his bullying tactics when he’s in the wrong and worse, the fact that the lane he used does actually make sense and it’s actually the road planners who put us in danger :imp:

So, I’ve emailed the Manchester road planning dept (I think… Lovely website) to try and get it changed

All it needs is people to follow the signs and road markings and there is no problem. There are enough signs early enough. Why some people think its right to get in the middle lane from Stockport to go on the M67 is beyond me. As you say any local knows its gonna happen and is ready for it but why is it asking too much for people to obey signs and markings.

jc69817:
All it needs is people to follow the signs and road markings and there is no problem. There are enough signs early enough. Why some people think its right to get in the middle lane from Stockport to go on the M67 is beyond me. As you say any local knows its gonna happen and is ready for it but why is it asking too much for people to obey signs and markings.

To be honest though, although I follow the signs - then if / when ther’s a bump I’m in the right, it is laid out wrong and if everyone did follow the signs, a) the queue would be back to Bredbury at 0830, and b) you’d only get half the number of cars through at each change of the lights.

I follow the roads as laid out and designed, but I don’t agree with them

Chill a bit longer, part of the ‘pinch point’ funding is to pay for works for a dedicated continous slip from M60 anti clock to A57 west (aka M56 jnc 7 west to A556) to speed up intersection throughput. I wonder if they’ll be a few more bumps with ‘lane changers’ :grimacing: .

I cannot see the common sense M67 East~West flyover ever happening, as it should have 30 years ago due to numpty ‘enviromental’ reasons :unamused:
Just keep siting in the queues :unamused: