M6 toll

ive just had a text message from the midland expressway demanding I make payment of 11 quid for unpaid toll…never been on the toll road and never will …all I can put it down to is when travelling north on M6 approaching M42 I overtook a slower wagon but he held his line in the second lane which put me on course for the toll road,even though I was in the third lane of four for no more than 200yards still managed to filter in plenty of time to take the A446 slip road.surely they cant be charging full price for that…waiting on reply from them.

How would they know your number?

Thats what I thought, it has got to be a scam.

Have you had a number plate stolen?
Once on the toll road the only way off is via a toll plaza.
And where would they get your cellphone number from?

Scam :open_mouth:

all I can think is the company registration number ,then they look whos driving the lorry then give them my phone number…the number I haf been given is the correct one so rules out a scam…just been on there site and says any distance needs payment,like 200yds may as well bin 20 miles…we all know how confusing it can get if we are not using that stretch on a regular basis so for the inexperience driver it becomes a cash cow…

Tell em to ballax the parasites :imp:

As Martin says, to get off the M6 toll you have to go through a cash plaza so if you haven’t don’t worry about it!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

If you were able to exit without going past a Toll Booth you didn’t use the M6 Toll for any distance.

The section between the M6 & M42 is classed as the M6 toll but no toll booths so if you have used that section you are fine :laughing: :laughing:

Ask to see the evidence.

We had a similar demand for overstaying supermarket parking somewhere 80 miles away i haven’t been to for at least 10 years, we let them stew and it reached debt collectors £120 demand before telling them to view the picture…obviously no apology from the parasites for their blind chimpanzee in the office who can’t read a number plate.

I panicked when heading north bound towards m42. I thought I’d stayed on the m6 toll, and misread signs, had no money on me. I’d never been north bound before that. Only when 42 junction appeared my heart rate dropped.

I’m here, in this lane, and staying in this lane.

I pass no tollbooths, so I don’t pay. Payment is by tollbooth, which once past this junction you cannot get off the M6toll without using one.
This lane going Tamworth way is the last chance you’ve got to leave before you’re stuck with a charge…

If you’ve got right over to the left here, then you’re even more in the clear than I am.

To get your mobile phone number, they would have to have contacted your employer, and to get your employer’s number - they would have to have abused DVLA data.

I assume that the scam here is the “number to make the payment to” either isn’t ‘midland expressway’, or that it is - but they are not the firm that owns the M6 Toll!

Any piecrust can start a company with pretty much any name they like - just to stick it on their company account paying in book.

Who are the idiots that use this redundant bit of road anyways?
“Night discounts apply” - My arse! At night, you can just use the M6 - it’s quicker! :smiling_imp:

Incidentally, can you travel from say, fradley park using the A38 south to join that last bit of the M6toll - and use that bit for free?
I don’t see any tollbooths between the A38 junction and where it merges with the M42 southbound…

I try to avoid it like the plague if I’m not going the full length. A while back I joined it at the bottom and went up to brown hills, came off there and tipped, got charged £10. Rejoined and headed north up to lymm, and got charged £11 for that bit - so £21 to travel the full length! Boss phoned up to complain and got told that is correct, that’s just how things work!

Winseer:
I’m here, in this lane, and staying in this lane.
I pass no tollbooths, so I don’t pay. Payment is by tollbooth, which once past this junction you cannot get off the M6toll without using one.
This lane going Tamworth way is the last chance you’ve got to leave before you’re stuck with a charge…

If you’ve got right over to the left here, then you’re even more in the clear than I am.

To get your mobile phone number, they would have to have contacted your employer, and to get your employer’s number - they would have to have abused DVLA data.

I assume that the scam here is the “number to make the payment to” either isn’t ‘midland expressway’, or that it is - but they are not the firm that owns the M6 Toll!

Any piecrust can start a company with pretty much any name they like - just to stick it on their company account paying in book.

Who are the idiots that use this redundant bit of road anyways?
“Night discounts apply” - My arse! At night, you can just use the M6 - it’s quicker! :smiling_imp:

Incidentally, can you travel from say, fradley park using the A38 south to join that last bit of the M6toll - and use that bit for free?
I don’t see any tollbooths between the A38 junction and where it merges with the M42 southbound…

hold on a minute
are you saying you can get on the toll road going south at the swinfen roundabout where the A38 meets the A5 to tamworth
down to the M42 / M6 south instead of carrying on to bassetts pole and 446 to the belfry
FREE OF CHARGE ,are you sure

Winseer:

No. If you get on heading south at A38/A5 entry then you go through a toll plaza on the main carriageway.
If you go further south on the A38 and get on at the last entry, the toll booths are half way along the slip road.

theres always an explanation.they said I was driving for compamy X then told me the date and time…the incident occurred two weeks ago where the driver just drove through without stopping to pay…checked me diary and told them not me !!..yes they was surprised and are now looking further into the case as false information was given…I did some work for that company six months ago and some how my details was forwarded on to midland express without my knowledge. :smiley:

Cruise Control:
I panicked when heading north bound towards m42. I thought I’d stayed on the m6 toll, and misread signs, had no money on me. I’d never been north bound before that. Only when 42 junction appeared my heart rate dropped.

lol cruise control hope you meant the M42 jct when your heart rate dropped and not jct 42 for Carlisle cos that would of raised mine…

How do you get charged when you went through no tollbooths then?

I stand corrected on that A38 entry slip… I never noticed the damned things halfway up the sliproad! (Needless to say, I’ve always used the 446 to get in and out of the A38 main bit…) :blush:

…You can get off this sliproad with no tollbooth in sight, but tracking back along, I only found the M6 traversing an earthquake zone, rather than some clear and present tollbooths… :unamused: