m6 toll, why

used it for first time today, all o.k, came up to booths following 2 other trucks through, didnt work with pre-paid tag, so pushed buzzer to contact someone if youve a problem
bird-your in wrong lane driver
me-no im not im in the truck one,just followed 2 trucks into this lane
bird-yes but theve paid,youve got a tag you have to go through the WIDE-LOAD lane
me- i saw the wide load lane but nothing about using it if youve got a tag.
bird-can you give me tag no,ill lift barrier, then you can go, but please can you use wide load lane next time.
so why do you have to use wide load lane with tag :question: , dartford you dont.
why is it not sign posted to do so, ist time you just follow what every other truck does :question:

ady1:
why is it not sign posted to do so, ist time you just follow what every other truck does :question:

It is signposted. :wink:

t8 booths,has go throug wide lane if you have a tag,it really is time for a set of glasses, ill have a better look next time ta

did the toll road save you much time?

wood73:

Using the toll road actually takes you about 5 minutes longer than using the M6, unless the M6 is completey knackered with roadworks /accidents then the Toll is Waaaaaay faster

wood73:

i left cardinal 30 mins after our other driver to go to lea green, a14, toll,m6,m62- he hadnt noticed his truck didnt have a toll tag in it so had to use a14,m6, m62.
when i got to split [about 8 a.m] for m6,toll it was flashing up delay jct 4-6 [think they were the jcts].
he didnt stop on way up, i stoped for 10 mins at burtonwood ,pee+drink.
when i went round to bays he was already on bay[i really didnt expect him to be there], said hed been there roughly half hour, so to be honest theres very little if anything in it, but it costs you a tenner a time.
but obviosly if there was a delay on m6 you save a fair bit of time as toll was deserted.
weve been told we have to use m6 toll at all times, must not go up m6, but obviously if no tag in truck you have to.