M6 Toll 'Trial'

Got into work yesterday (Tuesday) & to my surprise, there was Toll ‘Trial’ Card in my work pouch !
What a breath of fresh air the experience was. I was heading north around 06.30 & the traffic was very light (felt like the M74 at 4 o’clock in the morning) the south bound was a bit busier, but I noticed that- not a lot of HGV’s were using it (perhaps the RHA Trial hasn’t been publicised as much as it should have been)
Anyway, only another week & we’ll all be part of the congestion on the M6 again ! (Or using the A50)
‘Happy Days’

Wednesday 07.30 Just flew back down it & it’s as clear as a bell- Nice !

We’ve had the cards as well. Our yard is about a mile from junction T6. Must cut off at least 20 mins for me on a Friday afternoon.

Like you I’m making the most of it although we are looking at getting the tags due to this trial.

Can’t see my company getting Tags, as we run out of Milton Keynes & can always use the A50 if we’re going north,.

Anyway- isn’t the M6 gonna be ‘Sorted Soon’ ■■? :unamused:

I wonder if it will eventually be handed over to public use even if it is to clear the debts of the company. Although they are boasting an increase in traffic numbers it will never make enough money to be a real success. Perhaps instead of increasing the costs to try and cover losses they should charge a lot less, say a quid for cars and a fiver for trucks then people would use it, I live very close to the toll road and would use it at lower prices.
Although that is too simple a solution isn’t it?