M6 today---what was it?

MMJPM (my mate just phoned me) .M6 Coventry area at about 1600 today.He saw ,going north what looked like an alien craft.It had a huge curved windscreen and the driver sat in the middle,quite low down.Anybody see it or have any ideas?

Mclaren f1, that has a curved windscreen and driver seat in the middle

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg

Nah it was something like this?

I saw it going north on the m1 earlier after junction 10 think its a Mercedes concept not sure :neutral_face: mind you tat logo at the front is suzuki?

i saw it last month at utrecht in holland, had to look twice, thought i was seeing things :smiley:

Not the Suzuki logo, its the Spitzer logo. German bulk tanker manufacturers. As far as I know its a concept between Merc and Spitzer to cut down emissions and drag etc. That`s one ■■■■ pig ugly unit though.

cant see them being that popular with the tassle curtain brigade :smiley: :smiley: with that windscreen where on earth would you put the bull fighting spears and window hangers,

besides thats one fugly looking motor

Seen that a couple of times, always looks down in the mouth to me.

I like the way the designers haven’t managed to integrate into the design the current requirements for mirrors (rather than the future of cameras?)

That’s the future?!?!?!? Looks like something from a 1950s B movie :confused:

IIRC that outfit was a concept vehicle from the ‘Colani’ design centre in Germany in collaboration with Mercedes Benz also gotta feeling that another manufacter, possibly DAF, also provided the underpinnings for a later model that looked very much the same but might be wrong on that :blush: :blush: :wink:

To say it was built back in the early 80’s and was actually put to work on a speciallised tank job think it looks exactly how designers saw the future :astonished: :open_mouth:

Prefered the Renault ‘Virage’ myself later to become the AE 500 Magnum, a revolution in design epecially from an EU driver’s point of view :smiley: :smiley:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I saw it M1 Northbound today too.Im glad someone else saw it.Im not going mad then?? :blush:

davepenn54:
IIRC that outfit was a concept vehicle from the ‘Colani’ design centre in Germany in collaboration with Mercedes Benz also gotta feeling that another manufacter, possibly DAF, also provided the underpinnings for a later model that looked very much the same but might be wrong on that :blush: :blush: :wink:

To say it was built back in the early 80’s and was actually put to work on a speciallised tank job think it looks exactly how designers saw the future :astonished: :open_mouth:

Prefered the Renault ‘Virage’ myself later to become the AE 500 Magnum, a revolution in design epecially from an EU driver’s point of view :smiley: :smiley:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Them look like DAF mirrors to me!

yeah I saw that going north on the m1. I was going to post about it but you beat me to it. wtf is it. I told my mate I saw a lorry that looked like a eurostar that had a clock face for a windscreen. I don’t think he believed me for some reason :question:

Centre steer? It’s been done before and I’ve had the “pleasure” of piloting it…

Centre steer? Nothing new! I had the “pleasure” of driving it a few years ago, around 2002. Pic taken from BigLorryBlog.

ERF%20EM.jpg

44 Tonne Ton:
Centre steer? Nothing new!

Indeed. Land Rover 1947

Christ that is ugly though! Looks like someone has smacked a wasp with a can of silver spray paint!

trailer looks interesting though… :grimacing:

Luigi Colani another designer goes for style over substance . He draws a shape & then tries to fit everything into it & to hell with real life practicalities . Scania ,the same, designed by another Italian Bertone who designed Farraris. Drew an out line of a unit that resembled a Farrari & then proceeded to fit it all the furniture & thats why that cab is such a mess.

PRESSRELEASE | All press releases3 July 1996 12:00 CET

Scania launches a classic in the 4-seriesScania now launches yet another model in the 4-series - the classic truck with a bonnet. Styling is by Bertone of Italy, while all the underpinnings are shared with Scania’s successful 4-series truck range. The bonneted truck is one of several new models from Scania to be exhibited at the transport fair in Hanover in September.

The next generation will be designed by Porche & its like ‘Back to the Future.’ Looks like mirrors are so yesterday.

You will have to google it up yerself/

Had to cut out the links, it hacked into my Google account!

We ever end up driving anything like that, I’m off to learn another trade!

Unless the money makes up for it.

bazza123:
Christ that is ugly though! Looks like someone has smacked a wasp with a can of silver spray paint!

trailer looks interesting though… :grimacing:

Trailer is actually a tipping powder tank. Also being that ugly and impratical its bound to appear as a 5 series` skoda.