M6 Thelwall speed cameras

Do these cameras work or are they just fake ones ?.
Every time i go over this nightmare bridge i stick to the 40 mph limit, “cos asda would wet them selfs if we break speed limits”, i ask cos last night 3 Irish trucks came past so fast that i only know they were Irish because i just caught sight of his or her number plate as it fell off the trailer and flew past my cab and its now at the bottom of the Manchester ship canal.Yes i know foriegn trucks are imune from our speed limits, just wondered if these cameras work ?.

Ignore all the other fools hurtling past you… :unamused:

Thellwall has SPECS…

It doesn’t ‘zap’ you like a normal camera, but instead takes your number plate from a live video picture and stores it… When you pass another camera it see’s your plate again and calculates the time taken to get between the two… You can be measured between ANY two camera… First and last, or sequentially, so I strongly suggest you stick to the posted 40mph untill you are clear of the last camera (about 100 feet short of the nat speed limit)

It amazes me the number of peeps who fly thru here, thinking that cuz they ain’t gettin flashed, they’re safe… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Be careful out there boys and girls…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

There are SPECS cameras on the Stocksbridge bypass (Sheffield).

The only failing with that system is if you stop between the two cameras. Whilst you might be doing 100mph past the first camera, you could stop in the middle and only have a very low average speed!

This is all theory - I don’t think I would have the guts to test it out!

And as if the thelwall specs arnt bad enough the money grabbing [zb]ing [zb]ers even stick a camera van on the bridge most days :imp: :imp: :imp:

simon

Theres a bridge a bit further northbound were cheshire plod play hide and seek :smiling_imp: and when they catch you,
you have to pay £60 :exclamation:

beware

I passed both the stocksbridge and the thelwall sites today and I will not even contemplate exceeding the 40mph limit on either, though I do think that the stocksbridge site is the bigger pain in the a$$.
but the roadworks / cameras on the M6 & M56. are another thing :unamused:

luckily I missed the snarl up on the M62 this afternoon by goin over the woodhead., though I was caught up in the M62 traffic this morning goin to Manc

Here today… Brum tomorrow

I got the lovely m62 traffic both ways today :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

york to haydock. Normal time 2 hours today nearly 4

Coming back this afternoon after been to wrexham sat crawling for about 1.45 ARSE!!!

the Nottinghamshire force were the first in the country to pioneer SPECS cameras,if I remember correctly.

They were first in evidence a few years ago on their section of the M1 during some roadworks.

They can now be seen,amongst others,on the A610 into,and out of the city from J26/M1.

Ken.

For some unknown reason, there is SPECS cameras in the Saltash Tunnel, A38 Devon/Cornwall border.

The tunnels only 500yds long :open_mouth:

John

came over thelwall (northbound)in the car about 6 weeks ago,doing just over 40 the road returns to the normal side and i booted it back up to 70 ish forgot about the camera just before the “all clear” :blush:
thought i was done for sure,no ticket yet :wink:
would`nt have the bottle to do it again
jon

jon boy 100:
came over thelwall (northbound)in the car about 6 weeks ago,doing just over 40 the road returns to the normal side and i booted it back up to 70 ish forgot about the camera just before the “all clear” :blush:
thought i was done for sure,no ticket yet :wink:
would`nt have the bottle to do it again
jon

They’ve got 6 months to issue you with a ticket. I don’t wish to dash your hopes of getting away with it but it took Borders & Lothian cops 5.5 months to send out my SP40 fixed penalty. I wasn’t chuffed.

Ragtop you’re spot on with how SPECS work. Its all down to the new technology of ANPR: Automatic Number Plate Recognition
I think some now are even linked to the National Vehicle Data base, so they can immediately calculate if that vehicle is subject to a lower limit (i.e. over 7.5 tonne)

Quinny, yes you’re right with Notts being the 1st to trial them…on the ring road I understood.

Not sure about Northbound, but i’m 99% sure the only cameras on the S/bound Thelwall are trained on the outside lane.

Click Happy:
They’ve got 6 months to issue you with a ticket. I don’t wish to dash your hopes of getting away with it but it took Borders & Lothian cops 5.5 months to send out my SP40 fixed penalty. I wasn’t chuffed.

i wont count my chickens yet then
as long as it dont come before christmas come to think about it i cant afford it after
jon
ps
when are you back at our place

jon boy 100:

Click Happy:

i wont count my chickens yet then
as long as it dont come before christmas come to think about it i cant afford it after
jon
ps
when are you back at our place

Maybe tomorrow night. They were booked up for tonight. Won’t see you anyway as you’re on days by the looks of things.

sometimes i am knocking about at 1700
im in untill friday this week
jon

Killsville I think you are wrong about the specs cameras on stocksbridge if you speed past them they record it and I think you will be nicked. I think the story about speeding past them and stopping is an urban myth. Also there are now a lot of cameras that can tell the difference between hgv’s and non hgv’s.

Click Happy:

They’ve got 14 working days to send out the Notice of Intended Prosecution to the registered keeper of the vehicle, after that you can tell them to swivel :open_mouth: , legally :sunglasses:.
I think you’ve bin done m8. :cry: