M6 southbound closed at j16

I been stuck here between j16 and j15 fir an hour. Highways agency website says it’s a jacknife lorry. The taleback must be massive by now. Anyway steer clear if heading this way.

i must have been just behind you, nearly two hours stuck there for me --oh what joy :laughing:

Can’t help you i’m afraid chaps, although my neck of the woods. It’s too far south and i’m off duty. :wink:

I was stuck for 3.5 hours but at least I’m getting to go home tonight. Accordingto my TM someone has died r.i.p.

I came out of FEDEX Stoke at J16 at 00.30am and it was still closed…

If it were me I would have taken heed of the flashing signs above, went off at J17 down teh A34 and back on bottom side of J15, simple as.

I got caught in this too. Stopped about 300yards before Keele services about 1915 and finally got turned around through the central reservation about 2310. Anybody know what happened?

As it says above a Jacknifed lorry… Why didnt people take heed of the ovehead warnings■■? They were flashing from Carlisle onwards as far as I am aware?

I was only about a mile behind the accident when it happened so had no warning. Traffic just stopped and that was it. If I would of bit a minute ahead I may have actually been involved in it.

LASHHGV:
I was only about a mile behind the accident when it happened so had no warning. Traffic just stopped and that was it. If I would of bit a minute ahead I may have actually been involved in it.

The signs were flashing overhead from CArlisle lad…

Any problems further down the M6 always gets the large overhead signs set warning of delays in ■■■■■■■■ :wink:

So ive noticed hence why I dont realise all these guys going straight into the thick of it then moaning about it when your well warned…? A quick look at the map and you’d make a diversion instead of sitting in it…

scottishcruiser:

LASHHGV:

The signs were flashing overhead from CArlisle lad…

I think you missed the point SC

And of course we all know that the matrix signs ever ever lie and gives us accurate and up to the minute information.

the maoster:
And of course we all know that the matrix signs ever ever lie and gives us accurate and up to the minute information.

Of course they are only set on the information given :unamused: , it just doesn’t help most people ain’t got a clue where they are when they ring in :unamused:

Yeah Woody I see your man there had no alternative… Surely all the others werent just a mile behind beofre it happened either?? Im just glad I was heading North when it happened…

Oh well we managed just over a month before it was shut again, when i was out doin a bit :smiling_imp: , more truckin mayhem :sunglasses:

Prob shut i few more times when i wasn’t lookin :grimacing:

I was trying to get from Crewe to Stoke, I thought id be clever by avoiding J16 and going through Alsager, nope, chock full of people diverting from the M6!

Anyone know what it was this time?